Recent bookmarks
OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Roger Thoms, the bicycle path sign painted(?) onto the very rough looking Macadam, makes one wonder what could happen if one falls from a pushbike onto this surface.

Ouch! Comes to mind.

Roger Thoms

Subscriber
Format
8x10 Format
Roger Thoms, the bicycle path sign painted(?) onto the very rough looking Macadam, makes one wonder what could happen if one falls from a pushbike onto this surface.

Ouch! Comes to mind.

We always called them “Strawberries” but they are often much larger.

Roger

macfred

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Another one from the isle of Vlieland / The Netherlands - 2022

52185857718_6e332958da_b.jpg

Rolleiflex 3.5F - Planar - Neopan 400CN

Mias first bike

44084182082_84394e6ce0_b.jpg

Rolleiflex 3.5F - Planar - XP2 Super

Don_ih

Format
35mm RF
Don_Ih, where do you find something like this?

Driving home from somewhere. It was cloudy and had been raining. I happened to see the bicycle with the piece of paper and some very dead-looking flowers on it chained to the post. It was a roadside memorial for someone.

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Macfred, a very nice portrait of a day at the beach, I wonder what the board attached to the top tube is for?

Mia's first bike, is a great pictorial showpiece of her first bike; perfect lighting, and is that her first car in the background? 😀

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
gbroadbridge, nothing like being in the great outdoors on a cycling trip for ones health. Certainly the safest way to cycle outdoors.

Very good contrast and your differential focus is spot on and quite the achievement with a wide angle lens; you must have been quite close!

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Macfred, two colour pictures of similar, but very different situations.

The multi-coloured bike hanging off the handrail outside the cycle station shop, is complete except for a missing rainbow coloured chain.

The more muted colour picture of the city bike, is suitably photographed outside the city hairdresser shop. The simplicity of the scene as a whole is very easy on the eye; love the chair.

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
TheFlyingCamera, a quite interesting and eye grabbing bicycle. The stylised wheels almost look like the wheels on automobiles being crashed into solid walls for safety tests.

The very wide angle picture of the single hire bicycle at or near the start of a long line of empty bicycle slots, is a fantastic use of the wide angle abilities of the lens. Impressive use of light and shadow here. Looks like winter as the trees seem leafless.

The cyclist in front of the Pallazzo Pitti house, now a museum I believe, just looks good. It would appear that the rider is wearing an apron and maybe a cap, perhaps a baker or something like that cycling to either home or work. This brings back memories as Firenze is my favourite Italian city, with some long hot evenings in the Piazzale Michelangelo and surrounding gardens, which are only a walk away from this location.

The Pedicab in Toronto certainly looks a bit faded, both in the colour of the materials, and the faded metal fittings. If this was a daily driver and I was a customer, I would hesitate before I hopped in. Nice out of focus background effect and very similar to what the Rollie factory had on their walls in their factory tour that I undertook about 42 years ago. It seemed that most of their pictures were pushing the out of focus possibilities of their cameras as they faced the assault from 35mm mirror reflex camera manufacturers and their virtually never ending array of factory and aftermarket lenses.

Last edited:

What About Bob

Subscriber
Format
Analog
When I was at Hallmark we had one assignment where we would pan the camera; trying to keep the subject sharp while making the background have some movement. It is a little tricky matching the speed of the subject to the pan but fun to play around with.

New image: "Panning Bicycler" Taken on 02/07/2024
Camera: Hasselblad 501C with 80mm lens
Film: Kentmere 400 at E.I. 200
Exposures: 1/30 at f/19, on a partly sunny day
Developer: D-23 1:1 for 11:15 at 69F/20.5C - I was one degree over
Printed on Multitone RC pearl paper exposed for 6 seconds at f/16 and developed in Liquidol

I noticed this bike a few days earlier when my friend pointed it out to me before we got to the dollar store. There is something sad about a bike that has been left for dead.

New image: "Abandoned Bike" Taken on 02/06/2024
Camera: Hasselblad 501C with 80mm lens
Film: Kentmere 400 at E.I. 200
Exposures: 1/250 at f/16, on a sunny day
Developer: D-23 1:1 for 11:15 at 69F/20.5C - I was one degree over
Printed on Multitone RC pearl paper exposed for 8 seconds at f/16 and developed in Liquidol

Attachments

• Abandoned Bike.jpg
    Abandoned Bike.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Panning Bicycler.jpg
    Panning Bicycler.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 23

What About Bob

Subscriber
Format
Analog
@Don_ih - The grain is very fitting for this scene. We have had a few of these memorials in the past ten to fifteen years in my town as well as non-bicycle related deaths. Hamp has spots that are dangerous to bike around in and even crossing the street can be hazardous to one's health.

Don_ih

Format
35mm RF
Old. Not exactly a bicycle or tricycle. My daughter pushing her Fisher Price horse. Polaroid with Fuji peel-apart film, 2017.

1707565009304.png

MattKing

Format
Multi Format
Old. Not exactly a bicycle or tricycle. My daughter pushing her Fisher Price horse. Polaroid with Fuji peel-apart film, 2017.

View attachment 362642

Kudos to the "art director" - getting the leggings to match the yellow highlights on the quadricycle and the flooring gives you just the perfect amount of "pop".
😉 😄

Don_ih

Format
35mm RF
Kudos to the "art director" - getting the leggings to match the yellow highlights on the quadricycle and the flooring gives you just the perfect amount of "pop".
😉 😄

It was actually directed. That "flooring" is a yoga mat. I put it there because the actual floor, being dark brown, didn't look right.

Convincing a 3-year old to do that so many times wasn't easy, especially one as uncooperative as her. It's probably inherited.

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
What about bob, quite powerful image of the panned bicycle rider, reminiscent of Ernst Haas and his wonderful bullfight picture.

The abandoned bike brings back memories of seeing quite a few bicycles seemingly left for dead in various city landscapes. The foam(?) cups on the left handlebar add poignancy.

OP
OP
Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Don_ih, nothing like a bit of colour co-ordination, really well done.

I'm sure your daughter got a lot of use from her quadcycle, before her legs grew too long; by which time she was probably well into other pursuits.

At my Men's Shed, there is a group of members that make wooden based toys for various charities and needy youngsters. The number one colour choice of a go to toy, is bright red, and if possible, secondary colours that are warm, such as yellow.

TheFlyingCamera

Membership Council
Advertiser
Format
Multi Format
TheFlyingCamera, a quite interesting and eye grabbing bicycle. The stylised wheels almost look like the wheels on automobiles being crashed into solid walls for safety tests.

The very wide angle picture of the single hire bicycle at or near the start of a long line of empty bicycle slots, is a fantastic use of the wide angle abilities of the lens. Impressive use of light and shadow here. Looks like winter as the trees seem leafless.

The cyclist in front of the Pallazzo Pitti house, now a museum I believe, just looks good. It would appear that the rider is wearing an apron and maybe a cap, perhaps a baker or something like that cycling to either home or work. This brings back memories as Firenze is my favourite Italian city, with some long hot evenings in the Piazzale Michelangelo and surrounding gardens, which are only a walk away from this location.

The Pedicab in Toronto certainly looks a bit faded, both in the colour of the materials, and the faded metal fittings. If this was a daily driver and I was a customer, I would hesitate before I hopped in. Nice out of focus background effect and very similar to what the Rollie factory had on their walls in their factory tour that I undertook about 42 years ago. It seemed that most of their pictures were pushing the out of focus possibilities of their cameras as they faced the assault from 35mm mirror reflex camera manufacturers and their virtually never ending array of factory and aftermarket lenses.

Yes- the Palazzo Pitti is a museum - there is a fantastic collection of art inside, as well as the bathroom Napoleon used when he lived there during his conquest of Italy. The palace is vast, and it opens in the rear into the Boboli Gardens, which is a beautiful park to explore.

The pedicab in Toronto is non-functional - it is a display piece outside a restaurant if I recall correctly, parked on the sidewalk as a form of advertising.

I'm pretty sure I took that fisheye photo of the bike sometime around November (very late fall here). I don't think it was full-on winter yet as the kid getting the bike from the dock isn't in a winter coat.

macfred

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
old one - one of my commuter bikes

26706313049_1373a6f27f_b.jpg

Rolleiflex 3.5F - Planar - Ilford XP2 Super

another of my commuter bikes

26476546707_019f5bb2cd_b.jpg

Rolleiflex 3.5F - Planar - Neopan 400CN

Mia, age of 15 (6 years ago)

16837656551_c97bdf4f8b_b.jpg

Bronica ETRSi - Zenzanon PE 75mm f/2.8 - FUJI Superia Xtra 400

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom