Members
Latest member
retina_restoration
Recent bookmarks

anfenglin

Shooter
Multi Format
At least, it is here.
Hello everybody, I'm Felix from Leipzig in Germany and I'm completely in love with film and the possibilities that I have with it.
It all started quite slowly. I got into photography with a cheap digital compact which to this day I loathe and despise for the crappy pictures that I got. Even the ones taken with the flash on were blurry and soft, just terrible. Then, in 2011, during my studies at Leipzig University, I went to Beijing for half a year to intensively study the wonderful chinese language and, of course, took the little box with me. After 2 weeks i was so utterly sick of it! Luckily I met a Chinese American whose little dorm room was stuffed to the brim with mostly Nikon equipment, he told me about a market somewhere in Beijing where they had lots and lots of new and used equipment of any kind. So off we went and I bought myself and old Chinese copy of an old Minolta design, a Seagull DF-102b wich I still have to this day. The pictures I got were amazing, even with the crappy lens I got with it! Later, I got myself a digital Pentax K-x but when I was back in Germany I soon switched back to film and I'm stuck with it ever since. Early this year I also started developing my own black and white and for around half a year now I'm also self-developing colour films, too. Most recently I am into shooting old, long expired slide Film (Kodak Ektachrome 100X, Fujichrome RPD II etc, Agfa Agfachrome RSX etc) with either my Holga or one of my old folders, then developing it in C-41. The colors! Every roll is different!
I use Pentax equipment a lot (ME, ME super, Z-1, SFXn), but my most beloved camera is my Minolta Dynax 600si with the vertical grip and vertical format release. That, the all metal Tokina 28-70 3.5-4.5, some HP5+, a yellow filter and I'm good to go wherever I may wander. Thanks for reading and I'm happy to be here.
cheers
Felix

Attachments

• IMGP0519.JPG
    IMGP0519.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 86

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to Apug!

Some years aga you did not even need to travel to Bejing for that Seagull SLR. It was marketed then by a renown german post-order photo dealer.

Black Dog

Shooter
Multi Format
Happy Apugging:D!

mooseontheloose

Shooter
Multi Format
Great story Felix -- welcome to APUG!

Shooter
35mm RF
Hello Felix,

Welcome to APUG , your camera is so beatiful , I liked the grips of the lens and shutter release very much. It has a 58mm f:2 Lens and if it is a copy of Zenit Helios 58mm f :2 Russian lens , I must say it is faraway better than all these toyota lenses. If I am not wrong , It has a same architecture with Leitz Wetzlar Summicron 5 cms and one of the best lenses ever. Your lens is excellent especially portraits and indoor shots.

I want to ask you did you manage to learn chinese in 6 months ? Did you go to university course or special instructor way ? Did you rent a house ? What all costed to you ? What about the learning of chinese ckaracters ?

Umut
Istanbul

OP
OP
anfenglin

anfenglin

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi, thanks! No, I study Sinology at Leipzig University, I've been learning chinese for 4 years now. In China I went to the Beijing Yuyan Daxue, the language university and live in the dorm there. All in all, i say, it cost around 3-4k Euro. Oh, once you know how it's done, the characters come quite easy to you, you just need routine and discipline in studying.
cheers

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom