Mirror for Salyut-S

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by el_pinjo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. el_pinjo

el_pinjo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi APusers,

I recently had an accident with my Salyut-S camera. As a result of this the mirror has been broken.

I have been searching for a while now for a replacement mirror, but I really have difficulties finding one.

Does anyone know a place where the buy a replacement mirror or otherwise a front surface mirror of the correct thickness...?

With kind regards.

2. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello el pinjo , Welcome to group , Look for Kiev Camera repair shops at ukraine and usa.
    There are several kiev sellers and their services and you can send your camera to them or obtain a mirror.
    I dont know your camera but its a satellite or mir like station name , isnt it ?
    Is camera used at space ?

Best of luck ,
    Umut

3. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    By the way , you can write to lomo stpetersburg also. And the zenit factory near to Moscow.

4. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  5. robat

robat Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    www.araxfoto.com should be able to sell a spare mirror or even repair it for a decent price. They are trustworthy, I bought quite a lot of stuff there.

6. OP
    OP
    el_pinjo

el_pinjo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Robat,

Thanks for the tip. I have ordered a spare mirror from ARAX. I have had very good contact with these guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.