Threads
Members
Latest member
pparole
Recent bookmarks

xya

Shooter
Multi Format
I haven't shot my Minox in ages, but when I did, I just carried it in my pants pocket. It never fell out, but maybe I was just lucky. Maybe it depends on what kind of pants you wear. I can't help you there.
+1. Obviously it depends on the pants. I carry mine in their original leather cases, just stuffed into the poket of my jeans. No way that they can fall out from there...

guangong

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
The Minox B came fitted with a chain attached at the bottom of the camera and at the other end is a leather tab with a button hole. Camera fits in case, chain is threaded through case, attach tab to button on pocket or jacket. If your B came without a measuring chain, you should get one. Makes life easier.
Other Minox models use a chain with a round clasp that can be attached to belt loop. I just wrap chain around my wrist.
Cases were made of very good leather. Mine still holds up.

Minox

Subscriber
Shooter
Sub 35mm
There are also Minox cameras where the chain attachment is of screw-in type, such as the Minox LX.

There were wrist chain also, for this type of screw in connector, but I doubt they were made by Minox. I have a couple of these, and they are great for securing the camera to your hand.

Alternatively, you can build your own wrist chain/strap by procuring some such chain (see the camera neck strap chains) and fashion it to your liking. And while you're at it, make a neck strap, excellent while traveling and trekking.

minox iiis chain custom.jpg

http://juliantanase.com/secure-your-minox/

Minox EC/ECX has a hook-on strap, two types, a neck strap (textile) and a B-like chain (unnotched though). Both are hooking onto the end of the camera, where a metallic loop is affixed.

Last edited:

Minox

Subscriber
Shooter
Sub 35mm
Just a thought: Minox has made cameras and accessories to last (almost) a lifetime. Not unlike the fountain pens of old. I run a vintage fountain pens repair shop (the only one in Romania) and I am also a collector. Many pens I see that were made in the 20's or 30's are still fully usable, which speaks volumes about the craftmanship that went into these objects. Real professionals, building things to last.

You see some of these beautiful pens here, on my pen website: www.stilourideieri.ro (google translate is your friend).

I have written an article regarding the craftmanship of old, if anyone is interested:

http://juliantanase.com/not-unlike-minox/

Hope you'll enjoy these!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom