Minolta Autocord (MXS 2nd version) - CLA?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by bambolero, Feb 10, 2009.

1. bambolero

bambolero Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello,

I picked up an old Minolta Autocord (MXS 2nd version) recently and would like to have it CLAd. I did a search and Karl Bryan's name came up but I could not seem to find any contact info? Can anyone send me his info?

Both lenses seem fine (which I guess is what matters:smile: but the camera body has seen better days. There is significant brassing around the edges and some of the leatherette is missing. I am thinking of buying a kit from camera leather (any recommendations?). As for the brassing, I was wondering if people usually leave this as is or do some sort of a touchup with paint? BTW, if you also know of anyone else who specializes in this type of CLA/repair (at a reasonable price ), I'd appreciate some feedback..

Cheers

Krassi

2. wayne naughton

wayne naughton Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    where are you Krassi?

3. eli griggs

eli griggs Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I recovered my Minolta Autocord with a Camera Leather kit and am very happy with the results. Some advice I received here and will pass on was to be sure remove all the old glue before applying the new skin.

Brassing is perfectly natural and IMO, should be left as is.

4. OP
    OP
    bambolero

bambolero Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Wayne, I am in Washington DC...I heard that ProPhoto on I Street is also good although I have not tried them yet.

5. wayne naughton

wayne naughton Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    i bought an autocord off a friend in wisconsin and he had had it fully restored by someone, somewhere in the U.S. since then i've got a new comp and lost my old address book. give me a bit of time to chase ROUND and i'll see what i can find out for you..... it'd be worth it.....

don't worry what the camera looks like cosmetically....i just bought a fuji 6x9 and it looks like it has been absolutely flogged to death. but inside was spotless and the glass was perfect and that was good enough for me....grin. get back to you

6. wayne naughton

wayne naughton Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Krassi, i just emailed you an address privately. hope that helps

wayne

7. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Krassi,
    I cannot think of anyone local whom I would recommend. Check out Mark Hama in Atlanta. See if he works on Minoltas. He refurbed my Yashica 12.

8. OP
    OP
    bambolero

bambolero Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks Wayne! Thanks John! I know Mark, he refurbed my Yashicamat 124 and a couple of electros