Minolta 30mm CE rokkor, OK for half/single frame?

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

larfe

Shooter
35mm
Hello APUG

I was just hoping someone could tell me whether this lens would work fine for enlarging half/single frame. On paper it is designed to work 13x17mm...

Anyone tried it?

Thank you

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
I don't think it will. I have that lens and use it for Minolta Quarter-Frame and it does need to be centered right over the Quarter-frame negative to get the corners sharp. I don't think it will do well enlarging Half-frame. Minolta literature on the lens indicates the 30mm lens is for "16mm, 110 and smaller formats."
Is there some reason you can't just use a 50mm lens?
16qt_sales_guide_3.jpg

OP
OP

larfe

Shooter
35mm
Hello ic racer

thank you for your input.
I can indeed use a 50mm lens but sometimes I want to do larger crops, I have a 40mm also but even this won't alway's allow me enough cropping real estate with my very tall column!!

Thank you for the info regarding this lens, if the 16mm neg has to be perfectly centered it looks like the 18x24 wouldn't work so well.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
If you are only printing from a small section of your half frame negative, check if the cropped area is approximately the same size as the 110 negative.

OP
OP

larfe

Shooter
35mm
That would mean having the neg perfectly centered (glass carrier) etc... I need one to use without glass for point light source. The point light prints the pattern of the AN glass every time...

Thank you

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom