Latest member
retina_restoration
Recent bookmarks
OP
OP

CatLABS

Shooter
Large Format
"MEMORY FULL started as a way to showcase cell phone photographs away from a screen and in the real world. It was submission based, with no theme. In the end there was something like 40 photographers included. The second issue was more curated and had a loose theme: portraits. Though cell phone pics were encouraged, they weren't a requirement. It turned out great, and included photographers from all over the world."

I had posted about this a few weeks ago, and am now happy to post the list of finalists who will be featured on this upcoming zine publication, some mega super stars along side some emerging photographers:

Carl Gunhouse
Tess Sheflan
Chris Fowler
Steven Reynolds
David Shannon-Lier
Phil Elverum
Ginevra Shay
Noah Kalina
Jocko Weyland
Michael McCraw
Jody Rogac
Jonathan Campolo
Annie Sollinger

The zine, which will be published later in Dec 2013, will be a limited numbered edition, with all proceeds from the sales going towards the establishment of a periodical curated zine dedicated to film photography with the hope of creating something new for an amazing community of film photographers worldwide.

Stay tuned.

talented photographer Trevor Powers (www.trevorpowers.net).
Read more about the zine - here: http://memoryfullzine.tumblr.com/post/65631159547

eddie

Shooter
Multi Format
I must be missing something... How can a "zine" be analog dedicated, yet be "a way to showcase cellphone photographs"?

OP
OP

CatLABS

Shooter
Large Format
I must be missing something... How can a "zine" be analog dedicated, yet be "a way to showcase cellphone photographs"?

You should just follow the link i just posted for the submissions page, it will all be cleared up.

Memory full started as an alternative experimental platform for photography, and the last issue - Memory Full #3 was dedicated to analog photography.

eddie

Shooter
Multi Format
I did follow the link. I saw a graphic which included monitor "windows", and an "about" link referring to cellphone photos. Even the link to the third issue, "Nice to Meet You" makes no mention of being analog.
Papersafe, on the other hand, is quite clear about being exclusively analog.

eddie

Shooter
Multi Format
I read the title of the thread, which led me to believe it was about Memory Full. I'm sure you can see how someone might assume that, based on the wording:

We are very excited about an upcoming indie photo production "zine" dedicated to analog work sponsored by Jobo USA, which will be curated by talented photographer Trevor Powers (www.trevorpowers.net).
Read more about the zine - here: http://memoryfullzine.tumblr.com/post/65631159547

I'm aware of Papersafe, and looking forward to its premier. I'm subscribed to your facebook page... :smile:

eddie

Shooter
Multi Format
I may just do that...
More importantly, though, is probably getting my ATL2 to you, for repairs. :sad:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom