Latest member
stngoldberg
Recent bookmarks

awty

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hi
I have the RZ67 (not pro)and was wondering if it is practical to use a winder for double exposures. Manually cocking is too slow and awkward for what I want to do. Main concern is if the camera will move with the winder and that it will still cock with out advancing the film on M.
So I want to fire the shutter, then use a plunger on the lens, fire the lens, the winder doesnt advance the film ,but cocks the shutter and lens and I fire the shutter then the lens without any camera movement on the picture.
There seems to be at least a couple of different models, but I cant find anything that tells me the difference.
Thanks

Last edited:

Dirb9

Shooter
Multi Format
The winder II will work on all three RZ67 models, the winder I will only work on the first RZ, so either model will be fine for your camera. The winder II also has an input for an external power source, if that's important. I haven't used it much, so I can't say how long a set of batteries will last.
I just tested it, yes, the winder will cock the shutter/mirror without advancing the film if the lever is set to "m". There's a bit of vibration from the winder but it's definitely less clunky than using the manual winder

OP
OP
awty

awty

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The winder II will work on all three RZ67 models, the winder I will only work on the first RZ, so either model will be fine for your camera. The winder II also has an input for an external power source, if that's important. I haven't used it much, so I can't say how long a set of batteries will last.
I just tested it, yes, the winder will cock the shutter/mirror without advancing the film if the lever is set to "m". There's a bit of vibration from the winder but it's definitely less clunky than using the manual winder
Thanks.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom