Threads
Members
Latest member
JKFTL
Recent bookmarks

John Irvine

Shooter
4x5 Format
I just just got a Mamiya M645 in good to excellent shape. It belonged to my Father-in-Law and has been stored since the 80's. I am in the process of checking it out to see if it is good or excellent. The light seals seem to be rather stiff. I haven't been able to run any film yet to check for leaks, but is there a simple way to remove what's there and replace it?

mwdake

Shooter
Multi Format
Get one of Jon Goodman's kits for light seals.
He is on ebay as Interslice and he will send you instructions for the M645.

I have no affiliation, I am just one of Jon's many many satisfied customers.

Ektagraphic

Shooter
Medium Format
You may want to take it to a camera shop that will do a CLA (clean lube and adjust) to make sure that the whole thing is good to go for a while. It seems like many will take the cost off the light seals out of what you pay for the CLA so you will get light seals and CLA. With a very good camera like this I would let a shop handle it.......

Barry06GT

Shooter
Medium Format
If you have basic hobby skills, Jon will send you all the cutting information. It is very easy and quite fun to do.

Jon is so helpful, that he sent me instructions for a whole bunch of cameras that I got when people started dumping them. They are all working fine now.

I would put a few rolls through the camera before I would invest in a CLA. If there is no problem, you could save more than a few bucks.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom