Making a new folder on the memeroy card in-camera.

Untitled

A
Untitled

Black Bull (2010)

A
Black Bull (2010)

Liz-Lith.jpg

A
Liz-Lith.jpg

Stray (2014)

H
Stray (2014)

Time #2

Time #2

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
If I start a new project and want to have a separate folder for the project is there a way to make a new folder easily in-camera?

I use Fuji, Leica and Sony digital cams. (all older models)

jtk

Shooter
35mm
I don't know of an "easier way."

I use new memory card for each project and name the project when I download. I carry a half dozen virgin and established cards. Unfortunately they're all poorly designed for naming with a pen.

OP
OP
slackercrurster
Shooter
Multi Format
OK, thanks. Maybe something for the engineers to think of. Just saves cut and past time at home separating projects. Sometimes my camera make new folders automatically. Maybe when I take the battery out, don't know. Usually I don't like that.

OzJohn

Shooter
35mm
I think the camera will only save in one designated path. For example for my Nikon D7100, it is DCIM>100D7100. I could be wrong but if you make a new folder, it would not automatically save new shots in that folder.

Nikon cameras create a new folder after every 1000 images. You can create as many folders as you like on a card using a card reader in a PC but there is no way to dictate that the camera will use them. If you format a card using a PC (possible but not necessarily a good idea), the first time it is used in a camera, the DCIM root folder will be created and images will be stored in sub-folders to it.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom