Recent bookmarks
OP
OP
Larryc001

Larryc001

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
More than once I've tried to advance a 24 exp roll beyond that, thinking it was 36 exp roll. It doesn't work very well. Usually tears the sprocket holes, and I have to open the camera in the dark and fish things out.

If it makes the op feel any better, Ken McLeod says there are no problems or mistakes, there are only obstacles in the landscape that need to be negotiated. I like that, but believe he is mistaken.

Partly to blame is that the OM-1 doesn’t have a memo holder on the back to put the top of the film box in. I have since switched to an OM-2 back which does have the memo holder. On the F4 bodies I have been putting a post-it note on the back. Not a very elegant solution.

AnselMortensen

Subscriber
Shooter
Traditional
I always try to make NEW mistakes.
A couple of years ago, a friend and I went on a photo hike. I loaded my F3/ MD-4 combo with Arista 400 EDU.
Loaded my F3 thousands of times, yadda yadda yadda....
Did the hike, took 36 interesting shots.
Back to the car....
Rewound the film...well, that went kinda quickly!?
Open the back of the F3, and discover that the film leader had snapped off right near the cassette after loading.
If I had been monitoring the rewind knob, I MIGHT have noticed it not moving....
Not my fault, really...I'd never had film break before...but just another way Mr. Murphy can give you the finger when you least expect it...gotta be vigilant!

OP
OP
Larryc001

Larryc001

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Haha Ansel I relate. I sort of have this one beat for many years. First I take the slack out of the film by rotating the rewind knob until I feel it tighten. When I hold the camera, I touch the thumb of my left hand against the rewind knob. That way I can feel it move on every shot.

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
About a month ago, loaded my M3. Then took another roll of film out of the freezer, and set it by the M3 as a spare for when I go out.
Left it like that, came back after about an hour. Picked up that roll of film, and opened up the M3 having forgotten I had already loaded it!
Luckily not a big deal as the camera had not been used since that roll was loaded, so all I lost was the first shot.
But still was a 'd'oh!' moment.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
About a month ago, loaded my M3. Then took another roll of film out of the freezer, and set it by the M3 as a spare for when I go out.
Left it like that, came back after about an hour. Picked up that roll of film, and opened up the M3 having forgotten I had already loaded it!
Luckily not a big deal as the camera had not been used since that roll was loaded, so all I lost was the first shot.
But still was a 'd'oh!' moment.

Doh!.PNG

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom