Threads
Members
Latest member
odeo606
Recent bookmarks

Gerry M

Shooter
Multi Format
I want to buy a 35mm/1.8-2.8, 40mm/? or 50mm/1.8/2 lens in LTM/M39 mount. Only looking for 1 lens. Needs to be w/o issues. I don't expect perfect, but don't want a problem lens. Also, not looking for a high dollar or collector item. I want to use it on a Canon P. No FSU lens, unless it has already been calibrated to LTM standard. Let me know if you have one not being used. Will buy or trade.

Gerry

jon koss

Shooter
35mm
Yikers, how does one calibrate a FSU lens to LTM standard?

J

I want to buy a 35mm/1.8-2.8, 40mm/? or 50mm/1.8/2 lens in LTM/M39 mount. Only looking for 1 lens. Needs to be w/o issues. I don't expect perfect, but don't want a problem lens. Also, not looking for a high dollar or collector item. I want to use it on a Canon P. No FSU lens, unless it has already been calibrated to LTM standard. Let me know if you have one not being used. Will buy or trade.

Gerry

JLP

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
35mm FSU lenses should not need calibration to be used on Canon or Leica LTM cameras, is it the FSU 50mm Sonnar lenses that does need this but more so because of the focus shift.
I use a 35mm Jupiter 12 on a IIIf and it does not need calibration.

OP
OP

Gerry M

Shooter
Multi Format
Some years back, I had an R2A/J8 combo that the focus was not correct. Brian Sweeney shimmed it to LTM specs. After that it focused properly at all distances. I have a 1958 J8 that I mounted on a Canon P. According to the lens distance scale, focus to a known distance shows way too short. I just got this body, so maybe that is the problem. That is the reason for wanting another (non FSU) lens. Thanks for your input.
Gerry

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom