Threads
Members
Latest member
Titien Velut
Recent bookmarks

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
Hi folks, Rachelle did a great job organizing the last round which is almost complete so I’m stepping up to the plate to start round 5.

I have copied the rules from round 4:

1. This is about sharing what can be done in lith printing with the emphasis on the process and not on the value of the prints themselves. I plan on sending my best attempts and I'm sure everyone else will do the same.

2. Everyone will be divided into groups of 3 or 4 people. So the maximum number of prints you will have to send is 3.

3. Print size and presentation will not have any requirements. Prints may be on fibre or RC paper. They may be unmounted, mounted, and/or matted. It's up to you.

4. The print may be straight lith, toned lith or bleach and redevelopment in lith.

5. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but the recipients may appreciate an explanation of the process, such as paper type, lith developer type, dilutions etc.

6. The exchange is open to anyone who wants to print in lith. Experience is irrelevant although I will mix the groups to give a good mixture.

7. This is an international exchange, so be prepared to send your prints anywhere in the world.

8. Sign up period ends 23rd October 09.

9. Prints to be sent by the end of November. That provides over 5 weeks to make your prints after the sign up period ends.

So who wants to take part?

Regards,
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

mooseontheloose

Format
Multi Format
I'm definitely in again!

Thanks for organizing this Peter.

Shangheye

Format
Multi Format
I would love to take part, but I have an exhibition in November and I am already buried in a print backlog...nuts. Definitely next time. K

Jerevan

Format
Large Format
Okay, even a beginner has to start somewhere. I am in. :smile:

OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
We have enough for two groups so far. Closing date is today but I'll wait over the weekend to see if anyone else wants to join in.

OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
Its not too late, great to have you included Angelo. Hopefully we'll get a few more over the weekend.

OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
So here are the groups which I have picked out randomly. I don’t think anyone has done a lith print exchange with anyone else in their group previously.

Please provide your postal address to the persons in your group and please try to send a print to each person by the end of November.

Group 1.
Jerevan
Angela di Mango
Paul Cocklin
thefizz

Group 2.
eduardomolina
laparn
Andrey.Gorshkov

Group 3.
mooseontheloose
Mark Fisher
martinhughesireland

If anyone else wants to join in today, we can add them to groups 2 and 3.

Please post in the thread or pm me when you have sent or received prints so I can keep up to date.

Enjoy your lith printing,
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
Hi jbridges, I have added you to group 2, please pm your address to those in your group.

Group 1.

Jerevan
Angela di Mango
Paul Cocklin
thefizz

Group 2.
eduardomolina
laparn
Andrey.Gorshkov
jbridges

Group 3.
mooseontheloose
Mark Fisher
martinhughesireland

OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
Two weeks remaining to make and send your prints. Please pm your address to those in your group if you have not already done so.

Peter

mooseontheloose

Format
Multi Format
Thanks for the reminder Peter! I've been working on a series of prints in lith this past week and hopefully will end up with a couple of good ones to offer in this exchange.

mooseontheloose

Format
Multi Format
Received Mark's print today -- who knew motor oil could look so good? I like the lines in image, and the out of focus doorway in the background is a nice echo to the oil bottles. Great colour and grittiness also. Thanks Mark.

My prints are done -- I finished them this past weekend, they're just currently being flattened and should be out by the end of this week or early next week.

OP
OP
thefizz

thefizz

Format
Medium Format
I also made my prints last night and will be posting them by the weekend.

Mark Fisher

Format
Medium Format
Received Martin's print yesterday. It was a little odd because it is the same paper and general subject matter I chose. Wonderful print.....nice composition and printing. Thanks!

Format
Medium Format
Received Marks print this week. A lovely lith print very well printed. I like the subject matter, I agree with Rachelle "who knew motor oil could look so good?"

Was interesting in that Mark used the same paper as myself. The lith developers were different though which was interesting. Thanks for the print Mark very happy with it

Martin

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom