Lens hole on whole plate camera

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by eunified61, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM.

1. eunified61

eunified61 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Have a wooden whole plate camera with a hole and mounting plate around 50mm but a lens I bought has 80mm thread,is there a solution

2. billbretz

billbretz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does the camera has interchangable lens boards? Sounds like a new lens board is the solution.

3. B.S.Kumar

B.S.Kumar Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If the board is wooden, you could simply enlarge the existing hole.

Kumar

4. billbretz

billbretz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Probably need a new flange, too. (Mentions “mounting plate” when I think means flange or whatever that holds the lens in).

5. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    measure your lens board and cut or buy a new one, drill a hole for the 80mm lens to fit (hole saw kits available at, for example, Harbor Freight)

6. OP
    OP
    eunified61

eunified61 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There is no separate lens board,the lens is mounted directly onto the camera frame so I suppose I will just have to cut

7. billbretz

billbretz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like an usual camera! Can you post a photo?

8. tedr1

tedr1 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Before you cut I recommend thinking ahead to the time when you have more lenses and they all have different mount hole sizes. The answer is removable lens panels each made for one lens. With a little ingenuity and some modest fabrication skills with softwood and rigid plastic sheet materials the existing setup can probably be adapted to provide a lens panel arrangement that will serve you well in the future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.