Members
Latest member
Geoff mountfield
Recent bookmarks

eunified61

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Have a wooden whole plate camera with a hole and mounting plate around 50mm but a lens I bought has 80mm thread,is there a solution

billbretz

Shooter
Multi Format
Does the camera has interchangable lens boards? Sounds like a new lens board is the solution.

billbretz

Shooter
Multi Format
If the board is wooden, you could simply enlarge the existing hole.

Kumar
Probably need a new flange, too. (Mentions “mounting plate” when I think means flange or whatever that holds the lens in).

Nodda Duma

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
measure your lens board and cut or buy a new one, drill a hole for the 80mm lens to fit (hole saw kits available at, for example, Harbor Freight)

OP
OP
eunified61

eunified61

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
There is no separate lens board,the lens is mounted directly onto the camera frame so I suppose I will just have to cut

tedr1

Shooter
Multi Format
There is no separate lens board,the lens is mounted directly onto the camera frame so I suppose I will just have to cut

Before you cut I recommend thinking ahead to the time when you have more lenses and they all have different mount hole sizes. The answer is removable lens panels each made for one lens. With a little ingenuity and some modest fabrication skills with softwood and rigid plastic sheet materials the existing setup can probably be adapted to provide a lens panel arrangement that will serve you well in the future.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom