Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks

norm123

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi
I have a Leica M4 and I love it. I sended it for a CLA 4 years ago and I didn't use it very much since this time. One month ago, I did some shots and the last 6 were stranges. The frames are overexposed on the first 2/3 and the last 1/3 exposed properly. I'm not sure but, maybe the speed dial was '' between'' 2 speeds. Is this the reason why it's like that?

Did you ever see something similar?

Regards

John Koehrer

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
You're going to get a reply or two saying "please give us a picture of the negative". With that out of the way,
It's very likely that the travel times are out of balance. That's to say one curtain is going across the film slightly
faster/slower than the other. Something that should be solved with a CLA.

From curiosity does it seem more apparent at faster speeds?

I had the same problem years before dirt was invented.

Kodachromeguy

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hello Norm, if your M4 was cleaned and checked only 4 years ago, let me suggest some exercise: operate the camera with varying shutter speeds (no film) hundreds of times. The shutter should settle down and behave itself unless there is a major problem with dirt, lubricant, etc. Then try another film. I periodically exercise all my mechanical cameras, whenever I remember to do it, of course.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom