Ladakh, July & August, trekkers needed

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by Frank Bunnik, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Frank Bunnik

Frank Bunnik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi, I will travel to Ladakh on July 20th and I plan to return to Delhi on 14th of August since I fly back to the Netherlands on the 17th.

I plan to do 1 or 2 trekkings, depending on which one and the time the trekking(s) take but I would prefer a trek of about 14-16 days. The treks I am most interested in are:
    - Rumtse via Tso Moriri lake to Kibber village in Spiti;
    - Hemis gompa to Tso Moriri;
    - Rumtse to Tso Moriri, maybe combined with the Markha Valley trek.

These treks go through the Rupshu area of Ladakh, a wild landscape with few villages but with spectacular landscape. There is a good chance to meet nomadic people on the way.
    This is a link to one of the travelagents offering these treks:
    http://www.dreamladakh.com/trek.htm

I travel alone and since all treks require at least 2 persons, my question is:
    Would somebody like to join me on a trek?

As I wrote before, I arrive in Ladakh on Monday July 20. The first few days I need to acclimitize to the altitude and there is a monastic festival that week in Phyang, just ouside Leh, that I would like to visit.

I hope to hear from anyone interested,

All the best,
    Frank Bunnik, the Netherlands
    www.flickr.com/photos/asialover

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.