Kipon Shift Lens Mount Adapter from Pentax 67 To Nikon Body

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TerryMcC, Feb 20, 2018.

1. TerryMcC

TerryMcC Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    A34F97B1-10B4-4AC6-A6E7-77D18384FF7D.jpeg I have just discovered the existence of this gadget. Has anyone tried one, or similar? I was thinking one might be a useful alternative to an actual shift lens.

2. DREW WILEY

DREW WILEY Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have their standard P67 lens to Nikon body adapter and it's very well made. The question in this case is if a particular lens has enough wiggle room optically. Regular lenses weren't engineered with this in mind, though being designed for the larger size of 6x7 means something extra will be there. You might try the Pentax Forum for a more specific answer.

3. johnha

johnha Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Whether it works or not is one thing, the problem may be the focal lengths available for the P6x7. The widest lens is basically the 45mm f/4, this is equivalent to something like 21-22mm in 35mm format - but on 35mm it will be a 45mm lens. Would a 45mm shift lens be of use in 35mm (longer lens are less likely to be useful when shifted)? The wider P6x7 lenses aren't enormously expensive, but they're still expensive compared to many 35mm equivilents.

A quick look on eBay suggests Nikon 28mm or 35mm shift lenses are going for as little as £300-400 - surely a better option for a Nikon shooter than a P67 lens on an adapter?

4. OP
    OP
    TerryMcC

TerryMcC Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Good points. I’ve decided against getting one, am going for the Nikon tilt/shift option,