Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoff mountfield
Recent bookmarks

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Would they still have ads if being out of business? (To be fair, we actually had such case with DHW...)

Well, after an insolvency the firm went under in 2010, but was reestablished with a handful of employees. They sold a lot of imported electronic stuff but kept some processing products. Meanwhile that segment takes much more space in their product range and marketing and they even introduced a new model of their processor, which is assembled in Germany.

Last edited:

BMbikerider

Shooter
35mm
Jobo appear to be active in Dresden, Germany. I needed a number of spares for my JOBO equipment (Central cores for JOBO spirals) and was given a website in Dresden to contact them. Unfortunately I no longer have the web address. The UK importer with whom I spoke and who gave me the website is www.Firstcall.co.uk They made no mention of any difficulties in obtaining the equipment, apart from spare parts.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Seems like Jobo has good prospects ahead. Lots of people don't want to wait for their color films to be sent away. The current 2 Jobo processors are somewhat expensive but are very well made. I have a 20 year old CPP2 I bought used in terrible shape. 1 new switch from Catlabs ,a lot of cleaning it works great. The CPP3 looks to be bulletproof. I also picked up a flawless CPE 2 PLUS w/ the new model lift and it's a remarkably simple, well made machine.

When I was young I always thought such gadgets were silly. I guess I had rather limited funds, and you don't need fancy equipment, to do color.

I just retired, I've been having a good time using these machines.

Brilliant system of modular tanks, columns, reels etc.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Ralph could visit them even by bike, if he still is fit enough, thus his question is most puzzling.

BMbikerider

Shooter
35mm
I will bow to your greater knowledge. I now feel that the company on Dresden had more of an appearance of a shop rather than a factory. This may be where Firstcall go to source their stock from.

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Ralph could visit them even by bike, if he still is fit enough, thus his question is most puzzling.

Well; maybe.

I would suggest it could be around 50km - 60km one way, even with an Ebike, that is a round trip that is not to be sneezed at.

Mick.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
I do 100km roundtrips on muscles just to see an art show. But Ralph would have to go up hill...

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom