Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artist-Photographer
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Med. Format RF
I recently purchased a Jobo ALT-2 with a water bath recirculation problem. When the power is first turned on, the recirculation pump runs for 5 to 45 seconds or so, and then stops. I have to older ATL-2's that I can use for parts, but am not sure what is happening. Any thoughts?

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Could a temp. sensor react after only 5sec of assumed over-strain?

OP
OP
Scott Ridgeway
Shooter
Med. Format RF
Is a circuit-breaker or over-temp sensor tripping or something? Is the water actually circulating with the pump running?

Sorry, I should have been more specific, and provided more info.

Yes, the water is actually circulating. As I said, it works for a few to several seconds and then stops. If I turn off the power, and immediately turn it back on, the water again recirculates for a few to several seconds—then stops.

CatLABS

Shooter
Large Format
Even if the thermal protection circuit is tripped, you would have had to reset it before the motor came back on.

This is often caused by debris build up in the pump shaft housing, Or the motor is otherwise obstructed in some way, causing it to heat/seize.
The pump shaft housing is easily removed and cleared.
If that does not do it, you will need to lubricate the pump motor it self. One - two squirts of lube spray (we like PB plaster) will do.
Opening the housing is a bit more challenging but there are details instructions on our manual section
www.jobo-usa.com/resources/manuals

The motor might also have a corroded shaft, which might be beyond repair, you will only find that out when you open it up and have a look.

Good luck.

Let us know what you find.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom