Jammed 503CW with winder

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by BlueLemon, Mar 7, 2009.

1. BlueLemon

BlueLemon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just jammed my 503CW with Winder.

I mounted extension ring 21 with a C version 60mm Distagon.

When i tried to exposure, the mirror went halfway up and jammed.... The winder tried continously to forward to bring the mirror all the way up - but its just stuck.

I previously have tried to unlock a 501cm succesfully..... but this problem I cannot.

The reason is both the the winder cannot be un-mounted because
    1) 21 mm extensionring is in the way to unmount winder
    2) The screw in the mirrorchamper is firmly stuck

Does any have any solution to this ? Is the 21 extension ring not compatible with the 503CW ??? hmmm

Well any help appreciated.....

Damn - you should never fool with you equipment on saturdays :rolleyes:

Claus Stensgaard

2. Q.G.

Q.G. Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That's a tough one.

The first thing you will have done is switch the motor off. Take the batteries out.

The next thing is to remove the film magazine, so you will have access through the aucillary shutter.

Then it is a matter of trying to unjam the thing using a small screwdriver. Insert it in the small slotted axle end below the lens. Rotate it clockwise slowly, either until things free up and the cycles completes, or until there is a click and the axle locks in fully wound position.
    Do not force things!

That may not work, in which case you could try the procedure described
    Dead Link Removed.

The other, safer option is, of course, to have a qualified repair shop see to it.

P.S.
    I noticed only now that you mentioned that the screw (slotted axle) is firmly stuck.
    In that case your should try to move the mechanism away from the lens as described on the linked page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.