"I've got three of those"

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by OlyMan, Sep 8, 2017.

1. film_man

film_man Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I used to run around with Leica R8's, one with a 35 and one with a 50. Why? Because I didn't have to change lenses, they interface is the same and it just makes it easy to concentrate on the photos. I no longer have them but was very close to buying a second F3HP to go with my other one. In the end I got an F5 simply because I just wanted an AF body. In hindsight I should probably have got an F3 because now I keep going back and forth between the two...do I want the big fast one or do I want the small(ish) one with the great viewfinder? Decisions decisions.

2. outwest

outwest Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I seem to accumulate Rollei 35s more than any other camera - 4 I think. They are so darn cute and work so well.

3. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Was looking for an XA2 for a while, got one and another at a great price popped up a week later. Now I have 2 XA2s and a Stylus to boot!

4. naaldvoerder

naaldvoerder Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I always take a pair of Contax Aria's on my travels. They back up each other. I never understood why people would use a different model in the same mount as a back up camera. I prefer to have a back up with exactly the same lay out and functionality.

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I do not have three or more of anything. I do not have two or more of anything. I am such a failure. :cry::redface::sad::wondering:

6. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A12 backs?

7. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You saved me from thinking that I was a failure! :D:happy::cool::laugh::happy::D:smile:

8. cooltouch

cooltouch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I have pairs as well as triples. The first triple I thought of was my Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC lenses. I just wound up with them when I bought cameras. I don't need three -- I just haven't gotten around to selling the other two yet.

I have a couple of other sets of triples, both Canon FD as well: Canon EF cameras and Canon FTb cameras. I ended up buying multiple copies of each because they were priced so cheap. Couldn't help it.

Pairs I have some -- Canon original F-1 cameras, Nikon F2 cameras, Nikon FE2s, Canon IIIa rangefinders. The Canon F-1s and Nikon F2s were intentional purchase. The FE2s and IIIa rangefinders, I just wound up with them as parts of larger deals.

9. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cable releases?
    Quick release plates?

10. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Cable releases? Yes
    Quick release plates? Yes

11. macfred

macfred Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the meantime I have three Nikon F2 (2x DP-1, 1xDP-3 finder) - mostly I carry two of them with different lenses (35mm f/2, 105mm f/2.5), loaded with different film.
    For 120 I have three FUJI GA645 cameras (60mm, 45mm, zoom-lens).

12. Ap507b

Ap507b Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    No three of those yet, but have two F2's, two F3's, two OM1's & two OM2's. Which one will be up to three first? Lol. Well watching a broken but don't really think it is OM2 that is cheap on ebay at the moment.. Time will tell.

13. narsuitus

narsuitus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  14. Sponsored Ad
  15. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There are two cameras I have three of; the Hasselblad 501c and the Nikon FM. The justification for the Hasselblad was, I mainly use three focal length in the studio(50,80,150) and switching lenses is far ore disrupting than grabbing another body with he right lens already on it. In case of the FMs, I needed them fora group photo and they came cheap($100). other than that , I need little to convince myself buy-in cameras.

16. michr

michr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there any good excuse not to have multiple Argus C3s?

17. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I have multiple 4"x5" sheet film holders and Grafmatic 45s.

18. David T T

David T T Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    2x Olympus XA, 2 x Eos 1n

One for color, one for b&w!

19. punkzter

punkzter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My first film camera was a Canon AE-1 Program (purchased just 2 years ago), followed closely by an AT-1 (my favorite because of it's light weight and match needle metering). I now have 3x AT-1, 2x AE-1 Programs (one black), and 1x A-1. All have been CLA'd by Ken Oikawa. And I purchased these for the same reasons mentioned above. When I see one cheap, I'll pick it up and then ship it to Ken. I have no idea how long he will keep working on cameras, and his prices are fantastic. But I probably have enough now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.