Recent bookmarks
OP
OP
Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange

Format
Multi Format
Details, details, details

Breakfast, for those silly enough to waste the morning light hanging out and drinking coffee, will be at When Pigs Fly Cafe, on Rt 156 (Rope Ferry Road) in Waterford. How about 9AM? That way we can shoot a little early on and brag about it over eggs and such. If folks who will definitely be there let me know, I'll contact them and have them set up tables for us. Parking can be difficult, but what there is is out back- enter on the side of the building and exit by the fire station.

The cottage is on Goshen Rd, half way between the Great Neck School and the water, just at the corner of Goshen and Perry Ave. There will be a lawn sign saying APUG. Great Neck Rd is Rt 213 and is marked by signs for Harkness Memorial State Park and the Eugene O'Neil Theater. It runs between Rope Ferry Rd and Ocean Ave. in New London. We can arrange trips to those places during the day. The New London train station is very close. If you are thinking of coming by train or bus, give us a call and we can arrange to meet you. PM me for a cell phone number.

If you're into bike riding, bring a bike. There is a great derelict sanatorium nearby (on the water) whose grounds are open to pedestrians and bikes. It's a short ride (walkable) from the cottage. Two simple bikes are at the cottage for anyone's use. There are two plastic kayaks as well, but getting these to the water is a bit more of a chore.

Beach passes to the local association beach will be available all day and there is a public access area with large sandbars an easy walk down the road. These are beach community roads, quite comfortable for walking, with little real traffic.

So. Come one, come all. Dogs, kids and favorite friends are welcome. I'd love to know who's coming, but if you decide last minute, don't worry, just show up. There will be a beverage, some food and a chair in the shade for you. See you on Sunday.

OP
OP
Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange

Format
Multi Format
A reminder: The cottage is a very small place, unsuitable for a rainy day party. If the weather is likely to be bad, I will post a party cancellation here on Friday. Rain date TBD.

OP
OP
Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange

Format
Multi Format
OK, Folks...The forecast is gloomy at best, with rain likely all day on Sunday. Alternatives are few, at this point in the summer, but it has been suggested (by the one person for whom the party was scheduled on a Sunday) that we back it up to Saturday, June 27.

Is there any support for that idea? What say you?

I would need to get some feedback before noon tomorrow, since I have prep to do for the event and I need to communicate directly with folks who may not see this thread.

papagene

Membership Council
Council
Format
Multi Format
If it were to be nice out Sat, we could make it... but Saturday doesn't look great weather wise also.
Whitey, did you get my e-mail from the other day?

OP
OP
Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange

Format
Multi Format
OK. I give. The weather gods win again.

The Beach Party is officially postponed, with a new date TBA (if I can find one).

Sorry 'bout that, Folks.

bill h

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Actually SOLD some of my free-table candidates today at daughter's yard sale. Who knew two eager young men would scoop up everything?!

Still, small consolation for gathering around the free table.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom