Is there a way to get a .72 viewfinder replaced with .58 viewfinder ?

Mustang

A
Mustang

32nd Avenue

A
32nd Avenue

Saab

A
Saab

Chevy Van

A
Chevy Van

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

neilt3

Shooter
Multi Format
but them the silver will be worth less...
Can I order a 0.58 MP from Leica brand new?

And your black one will be worth more , you just transfer the value .
Don't like a silver camera ?
Put some black tape on it . It'll protect the camera body and make the camera look crap , so your less likely to get mugged for it ! 😛

guangong

Shooter
Medium Format
I have the little Voigtlander 28-35 finder. Can’t get any smaller than that. Camera and finder goes easily into pocket.

Steven Lee

Shooter
Medium Format
@Radost is this going to be your first Leica? Asking because I also wanted to add a 0.58 body to compliment my 0.85 M6, and was disappointed by its barrel distortion, so I ended up with a 0.72 body for 28mm lenses. It works quite well, but instead of wearing glasses I had to add a diopter to it.

• Huss
  • Deleted
  • Reason: off topic personalized disruption to the thread
  • madNbad
  • Deleted
  • Reason: off topic personalized disruption to the thread

GregY

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I have the little Voigtlander 28-35 finder. Can’t get any smaller than that. Camera and finder goes easily into pocket.

The VC 28/35 is the coolest finder. Current Ebay asking prices are $600-900 USD. They are tiny and fit so well with early Leica LTM cameras. However, I found them incredibly squinty in use. ...& the inset rubber eyepiece is prone to falling off. I wouldn't choose to use one on an M camera.....but that's my personal experience. I'm more likely to reflect on how it is to use, rather than if it fits in my pocket.
IMG_5886.jpg

• Huss
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Deleted because mods deleting

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Give it a rest folks - you have made your point.

OP
OP

Radost

Shooter
Multi Format
You don't seem too serious about your question.

If you want a wider finder you could just get a Konica Hexar RF, but then you'd probably say it isn't a Leica.....

While I think the Konica is better camera it is too bulky. I want the Leica mainly for an investment and will shoot it a little.

OP
OP

Radost

Shooter
Multi Format
@Radost is this going to be your first Leica? Asking because I also wanted to add a 0.58 body to compliment my 0.85 M6, and was disappointed by its barrel distortion, so I ended up with a 0.72 body for 28mm lenses. It works quite well, but instead of wearing glasses I had to add a diopter to it.

I have had Minolta CLE for the most of this century. I got a Minolta and a Leica CL. Which are pretty much the same cameras. CLE viewfinder is perfect for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Radost

Shooter
Multi Format
To people getting upset about a viewfinder. I also dont want to focus through one window and frame through another. I do it on my many folders and dont like it.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I also dont want to focus through one window and frame through another

I don't blame you, it's impossible to do this quickly. Maybe you can stop that 28 lens way down and use it like a focus free camera? If it were me I would just center my subject and crop if needed after the fact, or go to an SLR or another RF camera that might have that sort of viewfinder magnification.

• neilt3
  • neilt3
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Crosspost
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom