instant or instants

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by jnanian, Nov 25, 2017.

1. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Of course, it may not be correct. None of us except jnanin has seen the portfolio in question. What does the artist say it is? That would be more pertinent.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. OP
    OP
    jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i'll try to bump into him tomorrow if i can find him. it might have just been
    a chance happenstance that i met him. ive been reading about chance
    and unplanned things like the dadaists were doing at the caberet voltaire &c
    and then this person appeared out of nowhere ..

years ago i learned about theosophy and i was on a job photographing a FL olmstead bridge in brookline mass
    and i was sitting on a parkbench and this guy sat next to me, an older guy, probably in his 60s? 70s?
    and we got talking for a good IDK 30-40 mins about all sorts of random stuff ... 19th century spiritualism
    renovation of his 19th century brownstones in the south end, destjl and bauhaus art and theosophy .. and
    in 2 seconds "dr smith" vanished. .. hopefully this photographer guy doesn't leave me wondering if
    he is a result of an overactive imagination and i bump into him again.
    ==
    im always amazed that people love to have reasons, to nail down and understanding
    like an artist statement, but when people read someone's artist statement they scream " phoney artist type bs'er"
    --
    clive, i think you have it.. here now, no strings except being ..."present"

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  3. OP
    OP
    jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    seems this person hasn't been around since my audience...
    i'll keep this thread posted if i bump into him again ..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.