Industar-22 Lens

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by thuggins, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:57 PM.

1. thuggins

thuggins Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a Zorki C with the Industar-22 lens. The camera looks great and seems to work properly, not a bad deal considering that the price was less than the shipping from Russia. I managed to search around the web and get it all figured out, but I'm left with one issue (or more of an annoyance).

There is a piece of felt sticking out next to the lens. I assume it is part of the light seal. I've tried pushing it back in place, but it keeps popping back out. It looks like it may be a bit that overlaps at the end.

I'm very tempted to just snip it off. Has anyone seen this problem before with these lenses?

20181110_181609.jpg 20181110_181750.jpg

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is the light seal..
    Even modern autofocus-compacts with retractable lenses showed failure of such seals.

I would disassemble the shebang far enough to fix that piece of velvet again at the static part.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.