Identifying a Ferrotype Camera

Discussion in 'Antiques and Collecting' started by Mark Faulkner, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Mark Faulkner

Mark Faulkner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, Recently acquired this ferrotype camera and am having a hard time tracking down information on it. My guess so far is an American Minute Photo Co Champion Sleeve Machine, c. 1912 or 1913. It appears to be missing the nameplate and developing tank. Any information on the manufacturer and/or camera is appreciated! The next step will be to find dry plates for it.

-Mark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mark

2. EarlJam

EarlJam Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That looks similar to the Glossick Direct Positive camera from the mid-late 40s. I had a Glossick from my dad's collection, which I gave to a friend who undertook restoration. In lieu of dry plates, you could try direct positive print paper.

http://www.christennyson.com/an-afghan-polaroid-project/

3. OP
    OP
    Mark Faulkner

Mark Faulkner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the information, I will look into direct positive print paper. I assume it can be developed using standard B&W chemicals like HC-110?

4. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. EarlJam

EarlJam Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.