How to open a Minolta AUTO-SPOT 1 Degree ( 1968 )

Mustang

A
Mustang

32nd Avenue

A
32nd Avenue

Saab

A
Saab

Chevy Van

A
Chevy Van

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crit-ter85
Recent bookmarks

schitti

Shooter
35mm
I would like to use the spot meter again but the lenses need cleaning. I was not able to find a repair instruction and I simply, as stupit it sounds, can not open the meter, at the same time I do not like to destroy it. Any help
is very much appreciated. Thanks.

From Switzerland, Werner

John Koehrer

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Many lenses will have a very thin ring surrounding the decorator ring at the front although there are some where the ring simply unscrews.

This should give access to the inner and outer surface of the front and inner surface of the rear.

MarioAlbany

Shooter
35mm
I was able, finally, to open the top of the meter. After removing the screw from the rear there are pins in the unit body at the front lower corners approx 1 cm from the front and 6 mm above the base where the two sections meet. In my case the pins were somewhat pressed into the tight opening in the top which resulted in deforming the metal in order to seperate them.
IMG_1395.JPG

MarioAlbany

Shooter
35mm
My unit only seems to function part of the time, it seems to be caused by the intermittent loss of contact of the power continuity.

Also, it makes a whirring noise when it does function which I'll try to diagnose and resolve...

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
Thread moved from RF forum to Misc Equipment

Deleted member 88956

My unit only seems to function part of the time, it seems to be caused by the intermittent loss of contact of the power continuity.

Also, it makes a whirring noise when it does function which I'll try to diagnose and resolve...
There is actually a motor inside that moves scales, these meters are not silent.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom