Threads
Members
Latest member
NegativeCreep
Recent bookmarks

hdeyong

Shooter
35mm
I always used to have some Pan F, or an equivalent around. When I ran out a couple of months ago, I ordered Delta 3200 instead.
I love taking pictures that pop up, basically "grab shots". Sure, sometimes I plan and take photos carefully, but Tri-X or HP5 shot at 250 and carefully processed is good enough. And, the grain is no problem, because I like the fact that it looks like a film picture instead of a scientifically contrived perfect image without as much character.
So now, I've got bodies with the ISO set at 250 and 800, (HP5 or Tri-X), and 1600, (Delta 3200). Depending on the time of day and the general lighting I expect, I can just grab one body, or even two if it seems the light may change, and go. It almost always seems to be able to stop down to f4, 5.6, or even f8, and still have a hand-holdable 1/125 or 1/250th exposure.
Anybody else going the same way?

Neal

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hi hdeyong,

Your preparation is admirable! The only camera I seem to keep loaded and ready is a little Minolta Hi-Matic G.

Neal Wydra

pdeeh

Shooter
Multi Format
is film unscientifically uncontrived then ?

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom