Threads
Members
Latest member
Crit-ter85
Recent bookmarks

bvy

Shooter
Multi Format
I picked up a Chromega 8x10 print drum recently. My Unicolor drum started to leak, and I hear the Chromegas are better built and use less chemistry. As it goes, the Chromega drum I got does in fact have a small leak. It's on the bottom cap and, strangely, it's not even at a seam. It seems to be leaking through the plastic itself. Is there an easy fix for this -- caulk or something?

Also, the Chromega drum has this centering ring which I'm unsure about. It seems to be used to keep it centered on the Chromega agitator. I wonder if I can use the drum, sans centering ring, on my Unicolor motor base. Or is there something magic about the Chromega agitator and centering ring that enables the magic "sine_wave action" that they tout?

Thanks.

Konical

Subscriber
Good Evening, bvy,

Neither of my Chromega drums has a centering ring; that's no particular problem as long as the motor base is level.

As far as I know, the plastic used for Chromega drums is softened by the common acetone-type cement used for constructing models. If you can locate the spot of the leak, it should be simple to "melt" the plastic back together or to patch it with a small bit of similar plastic. If the bad spot is indeed on the cap, the repair could be either internal or external without affecting functionality at all.

Konical

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom