HELP, Need VC Lamp Head

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by CtEditions, Feb 16, 2009.

1. CtEditions

CtEditions Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi all,

I am using an Omega D-II Enlarger and currently have an Aristo D2 Light Head. I have found that i definitely need to use a VC Lamp in order to obtain 7 solid stops of tonal range on Ilford MGFB WarmTone.

Does anybody know where I can find the VC Lamp for the D-II. I have looked online and it is difficult to find what exactly I need. I am looking at purchasing a Zone VI Compensating Timer but it does not have the Photocell - So, is there an Aristo or Zone VI VC Cold Light Lamp that I can purchase that will also have the Photocell attached? If not, what are my options? I am having a lot of difficulty finding answers so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Cody Thomas

2. trexx

trexx Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I do not know about the Zone VI but Classic Enlargers as a lot of omega stuff. My D2 has is condenser head and does OK with filters. But when working with tricky contrast situations I really like using the color head on my D5XL, which may be an easier find then a VC head.

TR

3. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cody, don't buy the zone VI compensating timer with out the lit probe.I've got one and it works great but is not any better than any other timer with out the probe, and their kind of expensive. I all so have a D2V omega, but use the standard variable condenser head and Ilford VC filters that work very well. My zone VI enlarger has the old blue color lite grid, so using it for vc papers is a big hassle,but graded papers it works great with the comp. timer. For the omega Aristo makes the type v54 grid I belive and all so the VCL00 some thing models, one has a type V54 grid with the filter drawer built in it. The outer one has two grids Yellow and green that have a separate control for the unit. These are expensive. There other comp. timers out there that are still being made that you can check out. mike c.

4. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cody, go to the threads for enlargers or timers and do a search for zone VI, diffusion lite heads, ect. Theres more info there than could tell ya. mc