Members
Latest member
JohnWiddick
Recent bookmarks

redlineSPI

Shooter
35mm
Hello APUG!

I have been following this site for a little while as I begin my new pastime of film photography and I need a lot of your help.

About me:
Level of useage: Hobbyist 1-3rolls per month
Format: 35mm B&W with aspirations for 35mm IR
Education: 1 year high school instruction. I learned basic technique but the details were rarely covered.
Subjects: Most of my previous photography was landscape. Having recently moved to NYC I would like to learn cityscape/ architecture and people.
Equipment: I took my father's camera bag and don't know how to fully utilize half of the accessories yet.

In my bag:
Cannon EF 35mm body (bought in ~1975)
Cannon FD 50mm f1.4
Cannon FD 28mm f2.8
Cannon FD 200mm f1.4
Vivitar Zoom Thyristor 3500 Flash
Vivitar Automatic Tele Converter 2X-4
Kalt Color Burst Filter
Vivitar Soft Focus Filter
Sunpak (R2)Red-25 Filter
Tiffen Close Up Lens Set +1 +2 +4 Filters
Tiffen Haze 1 Filter
Sicor UV Filter

Specific questions:
Will the Red-25 filter be sufficient for beginning IR, or do I need something darker?
Where in Westchester County, NYC or Northern NJ can I rent darkroom time at a reasonable price? My apartment is not going to work for making a home room.

Thank you all for any comments on my equipment or any advice.

mike c

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome redlineSPI,don,t use IR so can,t help you there but there are many that do, so I think some one will help you with that.Try looking in the Forums there is alot of info there.

Mike

Anscojohn

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Welcome, from near Washington, DC

BobNewYork

Shooter
Medium Format
Welcome to APUG from marginally further downstate. I'm thinking to do some IR in the spring too. Some useful threads here that'll at least give you food for thought. Welcome again and enjoy!

Bob H

Shooter
Multi Format
Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Welcome to the forum.

delphine

Shooter
Medium Format
Hello and welcome from London.

About your IR filter, you will find that most IR negative films (and there are not so many left nowadays) recommend the type of red filter which is suitable for their film.
If you search online Maco, Rollei or Ilford's website, all make IR film and they would have published red filter recommendations.
I don't shoot IR myself so I cannot help further.

Also, you can use the APUG search or just post a new thread in the BW section ((there was a url link here which no longer exists)) and ask the question, all questions do get answered in a comprehensive manner.

I went to NYC last year, I loved it, though I thought that it was unsettling... I want to return to go to the Abyssinian church.

Best

Delphine

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Hello from England,I'm also a Canon EF owner, It's a great classic camera, but you must know that after thirty four years, anyway welcome aboard.

papagene

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Multi Format
Redline - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom