Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Medium Format
Hello everybody! I'm a high school student from Germany and amateur photographer since a couple of years. I was an exchange student in Albuquerque, NM where I learned pretty much everything I know about analog photography. I spent many hours in the darkroom and studio messing around with all the cool stuff that nobody else ever used. (Large format, instant film, cyanotype, gum bichromate, ...) Most of the times I use my Kiev 88 but of course I also have a German Exacta camera ( because those were produced in Dresden :wink: )
As soon as I can clear up some space in our garage to set up a little darkroom I'll try making some (color) carbon prints. At first I deemed this to be impossible to do in Germany since it's illegal here to buy dichromates, but then I found out about the Diazo sensitizer so I'll give that a try.
I'm also doing a lot of digital stuff, I can't afford only shooting analog.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG!

At 11, I think you may be the youngest here!

OP
OP
Shooter
Medium Format
My last sentence was a little misleading, I'm actually not 11 anymore, but that's when I started with digital photography :wink:

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG

ME Super

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome Jonas! My son got started with digital photography (a Kodak point and shoot which he still has) at age 11. He got started in film photography at age 12, and is now 13. He loves seeing slides projected. I understand quite a few people are shooting slide (transparency) film in Germany.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Willkommen!

Dichromates are not illegal to buy in Germany. But their sale as pure substance to private consumers is prohibited meanwhile. In practice this may turn out the same though.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I start with film at age 11.

Chazzy

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi Jonas--welcome to APUG. My first SLR was a Praktica LLC from Pentacon in Dresden, and now I have a Pentacon Six, which is also from Dresden. Is there anything left of the Carl Zeiss company in Dresden?

Black Dog

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUGland!:D

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG, Jonas. Impressive sounding experience. We'll work on the digital.

Again, Welcome.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom