Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

nikonuser

Shooter
35mm
Hi everyone. My name is Mike Weems and I live in Birmingham, Alabama. There are no photog clubs here that I have been able to find, but I have taken some classes at the local college on exposure and basic photography. I believe I will learn alot from reading what the experienced photographers in this forum have to say. I currently shoot with a Nikon F-100 with an N-80 backup. I am slightly past the beginning stage with MUCH to learn. I would appreciate any help down the road that you good folks could give me.. Thanks and I'm happy to have found this site!

papagene

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to the site Mike. If you are looking for helpful and friendly advise, this is the place to be.
Good luck and happy photography to ya.

gene

Flotsam

Welcome Mike,
This is a great resource. I have found that it is almost impossible to come up with a photographic question that doesn't get several quick, knowledgable responses.

Doug Bennett

Hello Mike, from just up the road in Huntsville. Glad to have you here; it's an invaluable resource.

Doug

OP
OP

nikonuser

Shooter
35mm
Gene, Neal and Doug,

Thankyou for the welcome. My questions might seem trivial, but remember, I am a beginner! I appreciate being warmly welcomed.

Doug,
It's nice to know that there are serious photographers close by. If you're ever around Bham, give me advance notice and the first round is on me.

Mike

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
Hey Mike!!!
There is NO such thing as a trivial-newbie question! All questions that lead to answers are good!! Welcome to APUG!!
Happy to have you on board!

Jeanette

glbeas

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Mike if you want a club in the area maybe you should be a founding member! It would be an interesting way to meet the photogs in your area, local librarys and civic centers often have free space for such purposes. Ask around. Check the local photo suppliers out too.

roteague

Shooter
4x5 Format
Welcome from Hawaii. I hope you enjoy the company here and I am looking forward to seeing some of your work in the gallery.

HeliH

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi Mike, I'm also new but want to welcome you! This seems a great place to learn and have good time!

hither

Shooter
Medium Format
Greetings, Mike. You should have no trouble finding subjects in your neck of the woods. Look forward to seeing your work.

OP
OP

nikonuser

Shooter
35mm
glbeas said:
Mike if you want a club in the area maybe you should be a founding member! It would be an interesting way to meet the photogs in your area, local librarys and civic centers often have free space for such purposes. Ask around. Check the local photo suppliers out too.

Gary, I thought of that but nixed the idea because I'm just a beginner. I figured no one would be interested because I have nothing to bring to the table..
Maybe I could get it going and then turn it over to someone with some depth in photography??

glbeas

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
nikonuser said:
Gary, I thought of that but nixed the idea because I'm just a beginner. I figured no one would be interested because I have nothing to bring to the table..
Maybe I could get it going and then turn it over to someone with some depth in photography??
The key is to find other interested photographers in your area and start the club together, it's a team project. Your lack of photography experience has no bearing on your enthusiasm, ingenuity and sense of purpose, which is what is required to make a club and run it. You will then learn from those you gather round you, similar to what happens here on APUG. If you want it, go for it and have fun.

Ed Sukach

Shooter
Medium Format
nikonuser said:
... I'm just a beginner. I figured no one would be interested because I have nothing to bring to the table..

Oh, if only I could be a beginner - with fresh eyes, uncorrupted - again!!!

Welcome!!
Bring yourself to the table. More than "enough"!!!

alecj

Shooter
Multi Format
Hello from a neighbor

Hi Mike. I live just down the road in Hoover. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about photography. I'll help if I can.

Alec

Bill Mobbs

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi Mike! Welcome to APUG! You are going to like it here. I am just a little bit down the road too in Pelham. Alecj and I just elected you President of the new club you have formed. Where do we meet?

ErinHilburn

Shooter
35mm
I'm from Troy, but originally b-ham didn't know there were very many apugs in Alabama at all glad there's one more :wink:
-Erin Hilburn

Toto

Shooter
35mm RF
hi mike,
Welcome to this incredible site. My name is Javier. Im from Argentina living in Mexico. In 1998 y went to birmingham in alabama. Some friends of mine studied in the UAB. I had a great time there.
Maybe you should go to the campus of the university and look around. Im sure you will found some kind of photo club or find people who can tell you where to find one.

(I have a soccer t-shirt from the UAB....great place)

Bill Mobbs

Shooter
Multi Format
OK…. OK…. This is pretty funny!

Alec and I have proved there is a resurrection of the dead thread here at APUG!

If there are any others who would like to get a group together in Birmingham, Alabama, here is your chance to be heard…

As Jimmy Durante used to say, “Good night Mr. Nikonuser where ever you are”

Cheers,

Bill

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom