Hauck MSA 100 manual wanted

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by fotofundi, Feb 25, 2017.

1. fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Does anyone have a copy of the Hauck MSA 100 enlarger timer/probe manual they could scan and send to me - or even sell/donate?
    David

2. durotomik

durotomik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello, if this is still actual... i can help.
    I have the hauck msa 100, and some copied manual in german. As i am not able to read it, currently working on english translation with the help of google translator.
    Actually it looks one page is missing but i can understand the functions from the rest.

I am not sure how this forum works, contact me somehow or write here please :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hello, and thank you for getting in touch through this thread. Any user instructions would be brilliant. I worked out how to get it to switch the enlarger light on and off but the rest is still a mystery so I'm still very much in need of a copy of the original instructions.
    I'm not sure if it is possible to attach a copy of the translated instructions to a post - but the '+' sign in the options banner and 'Upload Image or File' button at the bottom of this reply page suggests it might, and having it available on-line may help anyone else with the same problem.
    If that doesn't work I can give you an email address.
    Thanks for getting in touch and spotting my post!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  4. durotomik

durotomik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,
    here's the original (ehm, copied) manual, I suspect one page to be missing though :smile:

Attached Files:

5. durotomik

durotomik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And here is my "automatic" translation, still haven't got time to do it better. But maybe you can do the english stylistics better than me.
    Maybe it's not needed, seem to be at least understandable.

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Great!
    I can't actually try it out on my timer until tomorrow or over the weekend, but at least I now have a chance of getting it all to work!
    Thank you.

7. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hooray! I have it working and it all seems to be all OK. Thanks to your translated instructions the mysteries of the buttons and sequences have been revealed if not yet mastered. The only one I haven't cracked yet is calibrating and using the probe, but I'm sure that will not be hidden for long.
    Thanks, and well done for taking the trouble to do the translation. Very much appreciated.

8. durotomik

durotomik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,
    I am glad it helped. Actually I needed it also for myself, and I probably know how to calibrate now. Spent one hour in darkroom last weekend.
    My sequence is:
    1. Choose what do you want to calibrate for (highlights or darks or gray...whatever). I choose white, specifically 'almost white'.
    2. Make a good print containing that tone. Note the exposure time
    3. Turn on enlarger
    4. Put probe on that detail containg the tone
    5. Set 'M' on switch near main dial, probe should be measuring now. If you move it, numbers are changing
    6. When on proper place, rotate the index dial until measured number is equal to your exposure time for print
    7. Press and hold one number under the index dial (i or index i do not have it right now here), you see the index for your paper. Note this number.

It should be like this, sorry i am writing it from memory. Maybe some small mistake.
    But for my printing I have index 2.7 for ilford mg IV rc deluxe, for white point.

When i change gradation, it works nicely... i leave the probe on the same place and just watch how time slightly changes.

Good luck!