Members
Latest member
gigidamico
Recent bookmarks

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Can some of you that have manufacturer's pinhole lenses for the Hasselblad 500 series or 'blad's earlier cameras, have images and experience that you can share about your use of these tools?

For example, I've got a German (I believe) the 75mm (duh) f256 apature lens which I like but sometimes wonder if a smaller stop might be something worth exploring for a less sharp photograph.

I, and others here would like to explore your thoughts and observations in this matter, so, Cheers and post when you can.

Light Capture

Advertiser
Shooter
Multi Format
Smaller or bigger pinhole will result in less sharp result.
Reason to use different than optimal size can also be shorter exposure in low light or longer exposure in good light.
Smaller than optimal pinholes will produce less sharp results via diffraction and larger pinholes will produce less resolution.

Next incremental size will not affect sharpness significantly. For example going from 0.30mm to 0.35mm. Going from 0.30mm to 0.50mm will be readily visible.

Thickness of the pinhole material will also have significant effect on smaller pinholes. It won't have any influence on Hasselblad pinhole cap due to longer focal length and narrow angle of view. Effects are visible at over 100 degrees.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom