Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks

campy51

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have an 80mm that when you press the shutter it does not reopen after pressing the release. I was told the spring is probably broken. Has anyone done this repair themselves and was it worth it?

BrianShaw

Shooter
Multi Format
If the spring is broken there very well could be a whole overhaul needed.

OP
OP

campy51

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have an 80mm that when you press the shutter it does not reopen after pressing the release. I was told the spring is probably broken. Has anyone done this repair themselves and was it worth it?
I may have described the problem wrong. The shutter closes but always the same speed. No difference between 1 second and 1/500.

kmg1974

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
it sounds like you have to CLA it. on the body, is the tab at the T or O? if it is in the T position everything will stay up/closed

kmg1974

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
sorry. If it is worth it then depends on how much a CLA will cost you and how much you want the lens. If you can find the correct part cheaply, then you can always try to do it yourself (worst case scenario, if you can't fix it, it has to be CLAd anyway)...

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Time for a CLA. The shutter works at 1/500 for all exposures. The escapement controls all the longer speeds.

guangong

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
If Lens needs repair, more than CLA, then you need someone who has and can replace broken or worn parts. Not a DIY task.

sissysphoto

Shooter
Traditional
If you fix copiers and printers, then I know one model that would make you filthy rich. A Konica C500. I'm an EXPERT on repairing that one. I even actually managed to get a few prints between repair sessions.

sissysphoto

Shooter
Traditional
The copier repairman's best friend:

Attachments

• c500.jpg
    c500.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 48
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom