Threads
Members
Latest member
backseatpilot
Recent bookmarks

Kjarahz

Shooter
Medium Format
So I just purchased a used 300 model, it's a bit older.

Pictured here:
$_57.JPG

Well it works, but the buzzer sounds at 55 seconds. So it ticks past 0 and goes to 55 before buzzing.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? It's consistent but somewhat of a pain setting times to account for
the five seconds. Even looking at it as it ticks by can mess with you.

Thoughts?

Shooter
Multi Format
i wrote a quick guide in the past before but i cant find it, it was on the what did you fix today thread that I havent seen in awhile.

The fix is simple, tilt the timer onto its back, there should be a screw in a slot at the base of the second hand. you want to run your timer so it stops at 55 by itself and turn it off. loosen the second hand screw, adjust so it points to 0 and tighten it down.

this is caused by someone not turning the timer off and pushing the hand backwards while its still running.

ah found it:

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

On the base of the second hand it is a allen/hex screw for my timer. they made a bunch of these over a long period to time, still making them now i think, so it may be different on yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Kjarahz

Shooter
Medium Format
Just went and developed 4 rolls today, thank you!

The clock didn't drive me nuts with your instructions I was able to fix it
and get it working properly.

Thanks for helping me retain my sanity!

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
i wrote a quick guide in the past before but i cant find it, it was on the what did you fix today thread that I havent seen in awhile.

The fix is simple, tilt the timer onto its back, there should be a screw in a slot at the base of the second hand. you want to run your timer so it stops at 55 by itself and turn it off. loosen the second hand screw, adjust so it points to 0 and tighten it down.

this is caused by someone not turning the timer off and pushing the hand backwards while its still running.

ah found it:

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

On the base of the second hand it is a allen/hex screw for my timer. they made a bunch of these over a long period to time, still making them now i think, so it may be different on yours.

Ah, I learned something new today. I do not need to adjust my GraLab, but it is nice to know how.

Shooter
Multi Format
They changed small things on the construction of the gralab 300 over the years of its manufacture. Somethings like this is a quick fix, other times youd have to open it up. If your lucky it will have screws, and rivets if not so lucky which youd need to pop out and hope that you dont break them!

Adjusting someones timer arms so they zero out at the wrong times would be a devious prank haha.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom