Got myself a new camera (Rodenstock)

Discussion in 'Plate Cameras and Accessories' started by JPD, Sep 9, 2016.

1. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    This beauty arrived yesterday. A Rodenstock 9x12 (rebranded Welta Watson) with a 150mm f:3,5 Eurynar. It was an impulse buy, because it isn't everyday you see these fast Eurynars. The #2 Compur works on all speeds, and the lens elements cleaned up nicely. I have fourteen fitting plate holders, and like a miracle the same amount of 9x12 film sheaths. Maybe I should try it before I try to find fitting filters and hood?

[​IMG]

2. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice buy indeed.

3. rrunnertexas

rrunnertexas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    JPD,

I see you posted a bit ago, but how do you like this camera? Do you have any images to share made with it?

About 4 months ago I bought one just like this one, in great condition. The lens and shutter are quite large, but when folded up this camera is quite compact. Certainly fun to shoot with.

4. paul ron

paul ron Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thats beautiful! and you have enough holders too.

lucky guy.

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Enjoy :cool:

6. OP
    OP
    JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the comments!

I have felt very lethargic, so I haven't tried it yet, sadly. But since the lens is perfect and the shutter works, I was sure that it would perform as intended, so I bought slip-on filters that fit, and untreaded the mount on one of them and the thread can take screw-in filters and hood! It'll make a nice adapter.

The film sheaths are in my Voigtländer holders, loaded with film, and I'm planning to use my Avus fitted with a Goerz Dogmar 6,3/13,5 which is a very sharp lens. Maybe I'll try the Eurynar after that. :D I doubt that it's as sharp as the Dogmar, but the fast lens is easier to focus and the shallow depth if field fully open could be interesting. If it's sharp stopped down a bit it's a bonus.

So you have tried yours? What do you think?