Good film and camera shop in LAS Vegas

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Mozg31337, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mozg31337

Mozg31337 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello everyone,

I am going to be in Vegas for the CES event in early January and would like to visit a local analogue shop to buy some film (preferably the new Ectachrome) and perhaps a camera to satisfy my GAS problem.

Could someone recommend me a store or two?

Cheers

2. dmr

dmr Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sahara Camera closed a few years back.

The only remaining Real Photo Shop (tm) changed owners and names recently, but it was still open the last time I passed it. It's on the north side of Trop heading west from Eastern, sorry, I don't know the current name or exact address but it's hard to miss.

There's one vendor who sells all kinds of vintage film cameras and lenses and such at the antique mall way south on Las Vegas Boulevard. The posted prices I saw were a bit on the high side. There were also several "bricks" elsewhere in that shop.

Hope this helps. :smile:

3. CropDusterMan

CropDusterMan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I lived in Vegas, I used
    B&C Camera.
    4511 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102
    702-871-1100

They are pretty much the only game in town, and quite honestly, a great store.
    Nice staff. It's located in a strip mall with plenty of parking. Always had plenty of film
    stock....not sure about chems etc, but everything you'd ever need. They are an Authorized Leica
    Dealer, but I'm pretty sure they only carry digital models. I would call ahead in regards to film...
    they can pre-order it for you.
    Not sure if you know Vegas well, but there are some great photo spots near Vegas, including
    Red Rock, Lake Meade Park and the Valley of Fire...which I HIGHLY recommend.
    Best,
    Jason

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. Les Sarile

Les Sarile Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Don't know what photo spots you're interested in but in addition to those mentioned above, just outside of Vegas is Hoover Dam. It is plenty crowded during the day but very accessible at night. This one about a 45minute exposure on Kodak Ektar 100.

[​IMG]

Plenty of neon light shooting in town and color negatives are perfectly suited to take in extremely backlite signs. This one again on Kodak Ektar 100.

[​IMG]

Good luck and have fun!

5. Fujicaman1957

Fujicaman1957 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    AS of 2014(last time I was in Las Vegas) there's also a B&C Camera @ 1550 E. Tropicana Ave Phone is 702-736-7950

6. Agulliver

Agulliver Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I took all my film with me the three times I visited Vegas (2001, 2013, 2015)

things I recommend photographing:

Fermont Street - the lights and there's often stuff going on like bands playing, scantily clad women (and men) advertising things
    Hoover Dam - as previously mentioned. go out of season (February, December) and there aren't many visitors.
    The Neon bone yard museum (800 or 1600 ISO film, evening tour when it's dark)
    Long exposure at night from one of the pedestrian bridges over the strip
    The "welcome" sign...it's cheesy but it's got to be done
    The approach to the airport and take-off...chances are the plane will bank allowing an aerial view of the strip if you have a window seat.

7. dmr

dmr Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    For those who care, here are some of my LV shots from over the years ...

http://demare.me/gallery/index.php/tag/3/LasVegas

Lately I've been seeking out vantage points for shots of the LV Strip and area from a distance after dark. I've found a good spot between the air base and the Speedway which gives a good view of the valley from the north, and a kind of out of the way place east on Lake Mead (Drive? Boulevard? Road? whatever?) that's littered with beer bottles and such but offers an unobstructed view of LV from the northeast. I've also tried finding vantage points from the southeast in the hills above Green Valley but have not found anything yet.

8. OP
    OP
    Mozg31337

Mozg31337 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all your suggestions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.