Members
Latest member
Dradler
Recent bookmarks

Mozg31337

Shooter
Medium Format
Hello everyone,

I am going to be in Vegas for the CES event in early January and would like to visit a local analogue shop to buy some film (preferably the new Ectachrome) and perhaps a camera to satisfy my GAS problem.

Could someone recommend me a store or two?

Cheers

dmr

Shooter
35mm
Sahara Camera closed a few years back.

The only remaining Real Photo Shop (tm) changed owners and names recently, but it was still open the last time I passed it. It's on the north side of Trop heading west from Eastern, sorry, I don't know the current name or exact address but it's hard to miss.

There's one vendor who sells all kinds of vintage film cameras and lenses and such at the antique mall way south on Las Vegas Boulevard. The posted prices I saw were a bit on the high side. There were also several "bricks" elsewhere in that shop.

Hope this helps. :smile:

CropDusterMan

Shooter
35mm RF
When I lived in Vegas, I used
B&C Camera.
4511 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-871-1100

They are pretty much the only game in town, and quite honestly, a great store.
Nice staff. It's located in a strip mall with plenty of parking. Always had plenty of film
stock....not sure about chems etc, but everything you'd ever need. They are an Authorized Leica
Dealer, but I'm pretty sure they only carry digital models. I would call ahead in regards to film...
they can pre-order it for you.
Not sure if you know Vegas well, but there are some great photo spots near Vegas, including
Red Rock, Lake Meade Park and the Valley of Fire...which I HIGHLY recommend.
Best,
Jason

Last edited:

Les Sarile

Shooter
35mm
Don't know what photo spots you're interested in but in addition to those mentioned above, just outside of Vegas is Hoover Dam. It is plenty crowded during the day but very accessible at night. This one about a 45minute exposure on Kodak Ektar 100.

large.jpg

Plenty of neon light shooting in town and color negatives are perfectly suited to take in extremely backlite signs. This one again on Kodak Ektar 100.

large.jpg

Good luck and have fun!

Fujicaman1957

Shooter
35mm
AS of 2014(last time I was in Las Vegas) there's also a B&C Camera @ 1550 E. Tropicana Ave Phone is 702-736-7950

Agulliver

Shooter
Multi Format
I took all my film with me the three times I visited Vegas (2001, 2013, 2015)

things I recommend photographing:

Fermont Street - the lights and there's often stuff going on like bands playing, scantily clad women (and men) advertising things
Hoover Dam - as previously mentioned. go out of season (February, December) and there aren't many visitors.
The Neon bone yard museum (800 or 1600 ISO film, evening tour when it's dark)
Long exposure at night from one of the pedestrian bridges over the strip
The "welcome" sign...it's cheesy but it's got to be done
The approach to the airport and take-off...chances are the plane will bank allowing an aerial view of the strip if you have a window seat.

dmr

Shooter
35mm
For those who care, here are some of my LV shots from over the years ...

http://demare.me/gallery/index.php/tag/3/LasVegas

Lately I've been seeking out vantage points for shots of the LV Strip and area from a distance after dark. I've found a good spot between the air base and the Speedway which gives a good view of the valley from the north, and a kind of out of the way place east on Lake Mead (Drive? Boulevard? Road? whatever?) that's littered with beer bottles and such but offers an unobstructed view of LV from the northeast. I've also tried finding vantage points from the southeast in the hills above Green Valley but have not found anything yet.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom