Gnome Slide Projector

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the PHOTRIO Community' started by Henry Switzer, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Henry Switzer

Henry Switzer Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, but I have an old 35mm 2x2 slide projector belonging to a friend, and have no instruction manual.
    The projector is a Gnome Classic IQ 744.
    I am unsure what is the correct bulb for this unit. It had a defective 12v 50w gy6.35 halogen bulb in it and this seems rather low powered to me, but I don't want to risk a 100w in case it overloads the transformer.
    Can any one advise me what is the correct bulb for this unit, please?

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to PHOTRIO.
    I see lots of listings for Gnome projectors on UK eBay, which makes me think that this projector was a UK product, so I would look to UK sources for information.
    Is there anything that looks like a 3 letter code - e.g. EHJ - in relation to the existing lamp?
    Good luck.

3. Svenedin

Svenedin Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  4. Pedro Pinto Basto

Pedro Pinto Basto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,
    I read that some people change the halogen lamps that normally are used with the slides projections, to others standard halogen lamps. That makes that the slides last longer in the projection.

Do you know what kind of standard lamps can I buy to a slide projector? I'm a bit lost about that...

Kind regards,
    And bye.

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Welcome to PHOTRIO

6. OP
    OP
    Henry Switzer

Henry Switzer Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have since discovered from manual purchased on line that correct bulb for Gnome Classic IQ 744 is 12v, 100w which I got from Maplin and has improved picture greatly from the 50w that was in it.
    Re matter of using standard halogen bulbs instead of projection bulb, I am no expert, but suspect that standard bulb might last longer and maybe run a little cooler(?) but might give| yellower light and duller picture.
    Henry

7. Pedro Pinto Basto

Pedro Pinto Basto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello.

Does anyone knows the main differences between Kodak S-AV 1010 projetor and Kodak S-AV 2050?

And do you know if the Kodak S-AV 1010 projetor is older than Kodak S-AV 2050?

Thanks.

Kind Regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.