thedwp75
Recent bookmarks

Sean

Admin
Admin
Shooter
Multi Format
Hi All,

I have decided to re-work the advertising side of APUG and implement a banner ad system. We have several traditional based companies wanting to advertise with us so the 4 tiny static logos on the header were starting to hold us back. I have moved to this system for 3 main reasons.

1- To help out some of the smaller traditional companies by giving them cost effective ad space on APUG.

2- The new ad system will make managing our sponsors a dream. It allows each sponsor to have an account which is well organised and accesible by me online. The statistics reports are phenominal and will send our sponsors an automated email containing a detailed report of their ad activity.

3- Some increased revenue for us by taking on additional sponsors. This can prepare us for a possible move to a dedicated server in the future if needed.

Thanks, Sean

Fintan

Shooter
Multi Format
Nice one Sean. I often frown on banner adverts on the web but these are very useful.

Can I respectfully suggest you make your directory for suppliers and services in AP, the definitive guide on the net.

Perhaps some suppliers would also pay an annual fee for an enhanced presence in that directory.

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
I noticed the change yesterday, Sean. I really like how it focuses on one at a time!
Jeanette

jd callow

Shooter
Multi Format
I will be buying Maco 820 from J and C, a stop clock from RH Designs, and misc. doda's from Calumet.

I currently get kodak at wholesale and don't have a freindly independent shop nearby (the closest being Camera Mart -- great folks but -- in Pontiac 20+ miles away) so it makes my shopping easier.

jd callow

Shooter
Multi Format
Fintan said:
Nice one Sean. I often frown on banner adverts on the web but these are very useful.

Can I respectfully suggest you make your directory for suppliers and services in AP, the definitive guide on the net.

Perhaps some suppliers would also pay an annual fee for an enhanced presence in that directory.

This is a great idea.

roteague

Shooter
4x5 Format
Sean said:
Hi All,

I have decided to re-work the advertising side of APUG and implement a banner ad system. We have several traditional based companies wanting to advertise with us so the 4 tiny static logos on the header were starting to hold us back.

Sean,

Nice job. I usually don't like these things, but I am happy to see those who support what we do. I buy all my film from Calumet, and will be purchasing more B&W film from J&C. I support our sponsors, as I sure many here do.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
I've been holding off on this for a while, but I guess I better get busy with it. I have messaged man here about gathering the info in their areas about retailers, darkroom rentals, wholesalers, repair facilities etc, all dealing with photography. My hubby has a data base done so that all I have to do is sit down and enter the data. It will be broken down by country, then area in the country ie state, provence and the like. From there down to the city or town. You will be able to find information you want on places you plan to travel to, or if you are new to a certain area.

I have lots of the information now, but those of you who I have not talked too can send me more. I will get the data entered asap. This will be on the magazine website as a free information data base to all.

philldresser

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Aggie

Get the hubby type to setup a template in excel or similar, distribute to a couple of satellite APUG (1 in each country) and then import into the db. Don't type it in as your time could be better utilized for other activities. I work with, and in db's all day and there are technologies to do this.

Phill

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
philldresser said:
Aggie

Get the hubby type to setup a template in excel or similar, distribute to a couple of satellite APUG (1 in each country) and then import into the db. Don't type it in as your time could be better utilized for other activities. I work with, and in db's all day and there are technologies to do this.

Phill
Hubby type says he can have that ready in about 2 mins. Nice being married to an uber geek. Now I just need volunteers from the various contries. I have some already. Clogz in the Netherlands, Ole in Norway, and Jorge O in Brazil have helped out so far. I have the bay area covered. This really should go into a new thread.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom