Free: Heathkit PT-15 timer - not functioning

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Free Stuff!' started by bdial, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Free to good home for postage cost, a Heathkit PT-15 enlarging timer. Very old school electronics, no circuit boards in sight, all point-to-point wiring (in one color!), this baby even has a vacuum tube! Outwardly in good cosmetic condition, but it does not function.

I found a surprising amount of information including a partial manual and a schematic on line. But, I don't have the inclination or time to try and figure out its faults. If nothing else, it will provide a number of probably useful parts and a nice aluminum enclosure. It operates (or would, if it worked) on 120v AC, but I'm willing to post it anywhere on the planet you like.

I can post up pictures, but it looks pretty much like any other electronic timer, no display, just switches, two rotary switches for selecting preset times and others for setting the time intervals, switching the enlarger, etc. + outlets for enlarger and safelight. Refreshingly, the enclosure is two-tone blue rather than "putty", and metal instead of plastic
    PM if interested, thanks.

2. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ah, Heathkit! I built two of their color TV kits. Both worked perfectly,and I could service them. The influx of cheap import sets killed the market for Heathkit, and Eico and the other electronic kit makers. More's the pity....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.