Free Hansa 75mm f/3.5 Enlarging lens

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by aoresteen, Dec 22, 2017.

1. aoresteen

aoresteen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Hansa 75mm enlarging lens that came with an enlarger bundle that I bought. I do not need it and would like to give to a needy student in the USA.

Lens is Leica mount but does not have a jam ring.

First USA student (HS or college) to contact (PM) me can have it for postage only. If no students reply then I will swap it for a roll of 120 HP-5 plus postage.

Merry Christmas!

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have too many or I'd say please will you post to Europe, plus I don't deserve it :D

It's a Canon lens that was the name they used to use.

Ian.

3. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There was just a thread questioning why Canon, didn't make enlarging lenses. Or did they?

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Hansa company made the Hansa Canon, (a Leica copy) they became the Canon Camera company after WWII in 1947, Hansa also sold a 35mm enlarger with a Hansa lens. The camera and enlarger (with lens) were advertised in a few pre WWII BJP Almanacs, Oriental advertised papers and Charten/Asuma Jpanese copies of British plate cameras (two models).

So a nice lens with history :D

Ian

5. OP
    OP
    aoresteen

aoresteen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I doubt that this is an early Hansa product. Looks like a lens from the 80's. It is a Hansa in name only.

6. tiarrashoots

tiarrashoots Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Do you still have this lens available? I am currently taking a darkroom class and building my own darkroom so piecing it together as I go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.