Finally a camera for frustrated owners of....

Havre. Montana

A
Havre. Montana

  • 1
  • 2
  • 40
Busker

A
Busker

  • 3
  • 0
  • 72
Gormley in Winchester

H
Gormley in Winchester

  • 1
  • 0
  • 96
Winchester singer

H
Winchester singer

  • 0
  • 0
  • 87
New life

D
New life

  • 0
  • 0
  • 79

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
177,115
Messages
2,429,751
Members
94,140
Latest member
Rick W
Recent bookmarks
1

jimgalli

Subscriber
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
3,979
Location
Tonopah Neva
Shooter
ULarge Format

jd callow

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Messages
8,447
Location
Milan
Shooter
Multi Format
jimgalli said:
70 inch f16 GoerZ Artar's! I mean what else do you do with those?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=3850921308&rd=1

Thought you might get a kick out of this. No it's not mine. I am insane, but there are limits.

You do copy work, where if needed you have the ability to do macro work. This is not that uncommon of a camera or at least I have seen 2 (one of which was an 11x14 w/8x10 and 4x5 reducing backs). The ones I am familiar with are identical except that they run on a track.
 

Mongo

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
960
Location
Pittsburgh,
Shooter
Multi Format
This is at least the third time this particular camera has shown up on ebay (or at least it's the third auction using the same pictures; I haven't paid enough attention to know for sure that it's the same seller and the same description, nor do I know the BIN price from the other times I've seen it listed).

If it was $200 and located nearby, I'd be tempted to buy it and physically pick it up for macro work. I get tired of setting up a cambo monorail on a copy stand and I dont' think I've licked my film flatness issues yet. Something like this would make my attic a much more interesting place.

Unfortunately for the seller, this is a mighty specialized item and it's unlikely to sell for anywhere near what it's really worth.
 

darinwc

Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,004
Location
Sacramento,
Shooter
Multi Format
I once bought a horizontal graphic arts camera for .01$ Yes one penny. I rented a 17-foot Uhaul and drove about 60 miles to pick it up. When I got there they hadnt even disassembled it yet. A few hours later we had it at the edge of the loading dock and realized it was too big for the truck. I went home empty-handed and -$180 for the truck rental.
 

Flotsam

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
3,221
Location
S.E. New Yor
darinwc said:
I once bought a horizontal graphic arts camera for .01$ Yes one penny. I rented a 17-foot Uhaul and drove about 60 miles to pick it up. When I got there they hadnt even disassembled it yet. A few hours later we had it at the edge of the loading dock and realized it was too big for the truck. I went home empty-handed and -$180 for the truck rental.


I have a hard and fast rule. If a camera is too big to fit on a truck, it is too big for me to own. :smile:
 

Jim Chinn

Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
2,512
Location
Omaha, Nebra
Shooter
Multi Format
I found an old graphic arts camera that was given to me for just hauling it away. I mostly took it for all the aluminum stock and hardware that it had. It rolls on a set of rails that could be mounted on a bench or the ground and could take plates up to 30x30 inches. Maybe I could mount it on a turntable in the back of the pickup and use it for some really big contact prints.
 

rbarker

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
2,218
Location
Rio Rancho,
Shooter
Multi Format
Jim Chinn said:
. . . Maybe I could mount it on a turntable in the back of the pickup and use it for some really big contact prints.

A full-size Suburban with cargo doors would provide a more all-weather solution, Jim, al long as you're good at backing up with mirrors. :wink:
 

glbeas

Subscriber
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
3,838
Location
Marietta, Ga. USA
Shooter
Multi Format
Jim Chinn said:
I found an old graphic arts camera that was given to me for just hauling it away. I mostly took it for all the aluminum stock and hardware that it had. It rolls on a set of rails that could be mounted on a bench or the ground and could take plates up to 30x30 inches. Maybe I could mount it on a turntable in the back of the pickup and use it for some really big contact prints.
Oh Yeah! I saw in a magazine quite a while ago where someone mounted a process camera in the back of a van and took 16x20 negs with it. The contact print was illustrated in the magazine and even at that small reproduction size the tonality was astounding.
Now if you could put it on one of those lifts the movie people use for thier big cameras...
 
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom