Threads
Members
Latest member
toprides
Recent bookmarks

mrred

Format
Multi Format
Going on a trek to Bar Habour next week. Is there a good local shop I can pick up some Ektar or Portra 35mm film? I don't want to have to give the capilist pigs any $$ in Canada before I leave. I also don't want to have to resort to Gold beceause I am stuck with walmart.....

BrianShaw

Format
Multi Format
I hope your passing through NYC on the way. Bangor Photo closed a little while ago. Maybe a Boston area shop can supply you. But what's wrong with Gold... Assuming it really can be bought at Walmart?

bdial

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Hunts has a store in Portland. You may want to call ahead to make sure they will have what you need.

OP
OP
mrred

mrred

Format
Multi Format
Although I can get it in Montreal, there are nothing but extortionists here. That said, I am coming from the Quebec border and NY and Portland are out. I will likely be passing through Bangor, but that would be the biggest community.

BrianShaw

Format
Multi Format
Bummer. You may need to mail order or succumb to the "extortionists". There are Walmart and Walgreens in Bangor and Ellsworth but I wouldn't take the risk that they have any film at all.

OP
OP
mrred

mrred

Format
Multi Format
I have some XTRA hanging around, but I hoped to get some nature shooting while I was there. I don't think I have time for online shopping before I go. There is Agentix.ca, but I don't know if it will be fast enough.

ME Super

Format
Multi Format
Order from NYC and have it shipped somewhere south of the border that you can pick it up from? I live in Central Illinois, and if I order film from B&H on Monday morning, it's at my doorstep by Wednesday evening. That's with ground shipping. I might be able to get it a little bit quicker if I shipped it by air, but ground shipping is fast enough (it comes to me usually UPS, not post office).

When we went to Walt Disney World in Florida back in 2007, we sent a package to the resort (since we were flying) and they held it for us to pick up when we got there. If you're staying in a hotel, and you have reservations already, give 'em a call and find out if you can do the same thing.

jphotos

Format
Multi Format
Ordering it ahead is the best idea. There aren't a lot of good camera shops that sell film anymore, especially since you're going via Bangor. I know there's a little camera/print/copy shop in Belfast, ME, but I'm not sure they'll have anything more than what you'd find at Walmart, if they even sell film anymore.

Good luck, and good shooting.

OP
OP
mrred

mrred

Format
Multi Format
A 5 pack of portra here is over $60.....$35 at B&H. At this point I'm going to suck it up and just get some ultra Max 400 locally and call it a day. I'll take some Neopan 400 with me and do some reversals for anything I really need to grab the texture of.

I knew I was going a month ago. I should have (had the time) been a bit better prepared.

CropDusterMan

Format
35mm RF
Order from B&H and have it shipped to your hotel for "Arriving Guest"...I used to do that a lot when traveling
city to city.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom