Threads
Members
Latest member
MrClutch
Recent bookmarks

Francesco

Shooter
8x10 Format
My best prints are those that come from negatives that I find are easy to print. I also have very little patience with difficult negatives, prefering instead (if possible) to reshoot the scene.

lee

Shooter
8x10 Format
The late Fred Picker of Zone VI fame advocated looking at the scene and then deciding where zone VIII (last tone in the highlight) should be and then basing the exposure based on that reading. It works. And sometimes given a particularly difficult metering scenario, I will try this on at least one neg. Develop it normally and sometimes I will use that exposure. I agree with Francesco that a very good neg will yield a very good print. I, too, will likely reshoot a shot if possible.

Good darkroom technique is important also. Like Les, I am not a fan of film development but I feel it is important to the creation of the fine print. That is my objective (the final print) and it is foolish to jeopardize that goal.

lee\c

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom