Experience Substituting EXR Stabilizer Additive for E6 Final Rinse?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Kino, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Kino

Kino Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone have any experience substituting Eastman EXR Stabilizer Additive (CAT 1847722) for the Final Rinse in Kodak E-6 5 liter kits?

I have a quart of it, which mixed makes 100 liters (26.4 gals); probably a lifetime supply, if I can figure out how to substitute it for the Final Rinse.

Yes, I am aware it was made for the Eastman Color Negative (ECN), Motion Picture process, but it looks like the same type of surfactant.

Anyone?

2. E76

E76 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As the name implies, that's an additive to stabilizer, not a replacement for it (and probably something like starter for the RA process). I also don't think it was made for the ECN process, but rather EXR Sound Recording Film.

Sorry, but I don't think it would be a good idea to use it in place of the final rinse.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  3. OP
    OP
    Kino

Kino Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, E76.

Just for clarification, Kodak DID make a line of color negative EXR motion picture stocks in the past, but they have been (to my knowledge) phased-out.

Probably still wouldn't be a good idea to go applying it to E-6 film, regardless.

Anyone need a quart of this stuff?