Members
Latest member
odeo606
Recent bookmarks

gorbas

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm Pan
Hi Guys, Just curious, does anybody here is using ESD bulbs 150W/120V instead of "regular" ELH 300W/120V bulbs. Looks like ESDs are not affordable and easily find as ELHs?
What brand are you using and is there any issues with their life span?
Yes, there are bunch of them from $20 and up, so investment for 6 bulbs (2 in the head and 4 spare)+shipping is small fortune. Maybe I'm better off with just sticking ND 0.3 or 0.6 in the mixing box.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
I note that the manual for the 500H indicates that the first 5 programs of the 10 available provide 10% stepped increases in the green light component, based on using a ESD bulb. So that might factor into your thinking.

Tom1956

Shooter
Large Format
Well, post # 3 convinced me to take off my colorhead on my 67C and re-install the regular black-and-white one and just using my filters. When I put on the color head to escape the filters and just use CC conversions, I knew of the short life, expensive, temperature-changing projection-style bulbs. This thread re-affirms that.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom