ocieb
Recent bookmarks
Status
Not open for further replies.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
QE2 seemed to favor rangefinders. Looks like she stuck with a 50mm most of the time. I wonder if there's a film lab in the palace. That would be top of my list.

CMoore

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
QE2 seemed to favor rangefinders. Looks like she stuck with a 50mm most of the time. I wonder if there's a film lab in the palace. That would be top of my list.
I am sure they could find a spare room for you.................somewhere in The Palace. 😎

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
In case you are interested by photos taken by monarchs as such, photos taken by late Leopold III of Belgium repeatedly have been publicly presented.

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
QE2 seemed to favor rangefinders. Looks like she stuck with a 50mm most of the time. I wonder if there's a film lab in the palace. That would be top of my list

QE 2 is an ocean liner, not a monarch.

guangong

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I wonder if she took pictures of horses. In her younger days she regularly attended the annual Keeneland auctions. That’s when I realized there is a difference between going someplace and a state visit. Did she travel as Lizzie Battenberg?
She seemed to have been a very kind reserved lady. I remember watching her coronation. I was home with the flu at the time. I could exaggerate and say that I had tea with the queen, but I was only one of about 300 other guys there at the London zoo.

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
Link is useless clickbait. For example there are over 30 variations of TLR and the conscious viewer would like to know which model the Queen used. The movie camera is identified as a 'hand crank' model when it obviously has a spring motor.

jtk

Shooter
35mm
A pretty nice girl.

1662914674524.png

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Queen II was an amazing woman. She could strip, clean, and reassemble a military jeep's engine blind-folded. Okay. Maybe not blind-folded. But she knew her way around one better than any mechanic.

Truly an amazing person. Set the standard for a level headed leader. Her fondness for photography proves it!!!

• mshchem
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Corrected spelling

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I didn't intend to be flippant. QE is easier to poke on my tablet

I understand, but I was quite shocked and reacted that way, because you would never hear a British person refer to her late majesty in that manner.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Does anyone know if Queen Elizabeth II will be buried with any of her favorite cameras or corgis [corgwn]?

BobUK

Shooter
Medium Format
In one documentary about Her Majesty, one still showed her using a gold plated Rollei 35.
I have seen her using this a few times at functions on television.
Her late husband Prince Philip has also been spotted with a Minox sub miniature camera whilst watching parades etc.
I did read many years ago the Royals had their own darkroom at Buckingham Palace.
I suppose it would make sense really for their own privacy.

• jtk
  • jtk
  • Deleted

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
When I was doing newspaper work in the early 70's I got very close to the Queen. I was shooting tri-x for the paper and Kodakchrome for me. I was fairly new at the job and it worked to my advantage. The RCMP didn't feelI I was much of a threat so I got closer than anyone else.

The Queen during one of the never ending speeches from local dignitaries looked straight at me and smiled. Not for the camera as I didn't have it to my eye at the time. I might have been reloading it. Eventually the RCMP came over to me and mentioned I might be more comfortable stepping back a few paces. So different to how things are handled, by necessity, today. I will look through my scans for my Queen Elizabeth II Kodachromes.

jnk

Shooter
Hybrid
Queen II was an amazing woman. She could strip, clean, and reassemble a military jeep's engine blind-folded. Okay. Maybe not blind-folded. But she knew her way around one better than any mechanic.

Well said! It was also known that she was able to do a full tear down and CLA of the full line of Leicas, from the early models all the way through the latest mechanical M's.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
In one documentary about Her Majesty, one still showed her using a gold plated Rollei 35.
I have seen her using this a few times at functions on television.
Her late husband Prince Philip has also been spotted with a Minox sub miniature camera whilst watching parades etc.
I did read many years ago the Royals had their own darkroom at Buckingham Palace.
I suppose it would make sense really for their own privacy.

One would safely conclude that the Royals would be able to find room to accommodate a darkroom in their abodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom