Dynax 9 with Sony ADP-AMA shoe adapter

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by WilmarcoImaging, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WilmarcoImaging

WilmarcoImaging Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with the Maxxum/Alpha/Dynax 9 with native iISO shoe, together with an adapter to a standard hot shoe? I am using a Sony ADP-AMA adapter to trigger a PocketWizard Plus II and can't get it to work. Everything fits together mechanically. The ADP-AMA clicks in nicely on the camera shoe, and the PW slides in smoothly into the ADP-AMA. I have checked the single contact on the bottom of the PW and the top of the ADP-AMA. It all looks OK.

Using a PC to mini phone cable, on the Dynax 9, the PW is triggered properly. Can't figure out how to get the shoe to work so I can use it without the cable. I have read the manual and searched online. No joy. Any advice is appreciated.

The PW triggers correctly when using the test button.

2. neilt3

neilt3 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Sony ADP-AMA has contacts on the front of it for these new type flash mounts they use .
    They can stop some third party flashes and wireless triggers from making good contact with the central firing pin .

Get the original Minolta FS-1100 hot shoe converter that was sold to allow flashes such as the ISO mounted 4000AF flash from the 7000AF cameras to be used on the later iISO hotshoes of the later Dynax 7000i onwards .
    Your triggers will then work as intended with all Minolta and Sony SLR's/DSLR's with the iISO hot shoe .
    This genuine Minolta one for eg ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-...h=item23ad42d2e2:g:8AgAAOxyTjNScPu8:rk:3:pf:0

Or a cheaper third party version here ; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adaptor-...h=item3d77ccf690:g:clYAAOSw2stbmn6n:rk:1:pf:0

3. OP
    OP
    WilmarcoImaging

WilmarcoImaging Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Progress. The FS-1100 triggers both a Minolta 4000AF and a Sunpak 622 Super Pro with MX-1AF Minolta dedicated module. Flash ready indicator shows in the viewfinder. Zoom head functionality works with the 4000AF.

The PocketWizard Plus II unit did not fire on the FS-1100 shoe, I think because the hot shoe pin on the PW is not extended enough. Need to disassemble the trigger and see if the pin can be adjusted. At least the FS-1100 provides a mechanical mounting shoe for the PW, then a PC cord connected to the camera's PC port can be used with the wireless trigger.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.